• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Otclient questions

nclx

Reaction score
Well I know its coded from scratch but is it legal? I mean is using tibia.dat and tibia.spr so I don't know

Also is it legal to use the name "Tibia" for either the client or server information? I assume you can't copyright names but idk

The latest otclient release comes with a Bot, this is something someone should know before considering recommending to the players otclient as the main client for their servers (not everyone want bots in their servers), I'm not against bots so this is something I'm not against, but is there anything else I should know before using this for my server?

Whats the estimated time for otclient to be updated to the latest client protocol after every new Cipsoft client release?

Last edited:
You can actually disable that bot and the client itself is legal. The sprites and dat would need to be your own to be completely legit - however it is unlikely tibia would persue a spr infingement as it could open them up to a case with ultima online.

Tibia isn't a copyrighted name - it is also a leg bone. They don't have a "leg" to stand on hahhahaha im so funny.
However, cipsoft is.
So use "tibia" as much as you want just don't use cipsoft.

The updates vs. tibia updates are fairly quick, obviously i cannot give you an accurate time but depending on how much support it has the quicker or slower it will be

What do you mean by "you can actually disable that bot"? I mean I know I could delete the MOD but they can also download and put in mod lol

It was not my point anyway, what I wanted to say is that the bot feature is an important feature I mean is not something you can't just have in your server and not realizing you have it, so I'm asking if there is any other features you would consider important to know that you are using before having otclient as main client to connect to your server.

Also whats suposed to be in modules/game_tibiafiles if .dat and .spr go to /data/things/?

What do you mean by "you can actually disable that bot"? I mean I know I could delete the MOD but they can also download and put in mod lol

It was not my point anyway, what I wanted to say is that the bot feature is an important feature I mean is not something you can't just have in your server and not realizing you have it, so I'm asking if there is any other features you would consider important to know that you are using before having otclient as main client to connect to your server.

Also whats suposed to be in modules/game_tibiafiles if .dat and .spr go to /data/things/?

I have always and still put my spr and dat in tibia files. As in i create a folder called 860=8.60 files, 910,961,981(973)
Etc

Idk why it changed to data things maybe because it shouldnt be loaded with modules idk.

But when compilling you can disable the bot and have only your version for download (add a code to only allow that client on that server) and voila, no bot.

But afaik that is the only other feature as on now.

I'm still not sure how you can disable the bot as long as you can openly make mods / modules, I mean removing it is easy but disabling it how?

But that is irrelevant for my case otclient seems pretty good, I'll be having it as "recommended client" for the server as long as it supports my current server version.

Thanks for the answers.

Yh i undersand that but just stating you can prevent it. Idk how but i know it can be done. Also regarding people adding new modules etc, because it is open sourced thedevelopers want players to contribute so allow it.. But im sure there can probably be a way to close of editting them - then again, if someone really wanted to get in, they would :)

But yes, as far as i know the only addition is that candybot. Other than that it is a good alternative :)

Bot protection will not allow script generated actions like saying something with an user input like a mouse click or key event.
Also, there is no game_tibiafiles for the latest version.

Bot protection will not allow script generated actions like saying something with an user input like a mouse click or key event.
Also, there is no game_tibiafiles for the latest version.

ahh ok
xd
I haven't recompiled for a while

Otclient + Otserver + custom spr = LEGAL

Just don`t use Tibia spr and everything is fine.

Bots question: Just enable Bot protection flag on cmake before compile the client.

Prevents lua calls to functions like move, turn, say etc if there is no user input.

Back