• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient reading storage value and how add sound effects?

Exedion

Reaction score
i can mod the otclient to read the storage values of a player? i wanted to create a windows with achievements information, but the window only show the achievements if the player have a storage vale, but i dont know how, need a example please, and how i can add sound effects? i wanted to play musics in different towns, plains or caves or when a boss appear, and sound effects when the player hit a monster or cast a spell, how i can?

You would need to send additional data from server
Or make some special things in quest log, like adding some string on the beginning of title to make it possible to tell if it is questlog or achievement(and then remove that string before displaying)

About music: you can make it client sided: client checks position and plays given music or mixed: server checks position(and possibly other conditions, like raids or world changes) and sends packets telling client what to play

I'm interested in this, maybe they can help me.
I wonder, for example, how the OTClient receives information from the player level?
On my server I created something like a new level and would like to present in the OTClient.
But still do not understand how OTClient receives these informations, not only the level, but any such thing as magic level, skills, soul, etc..

Can anyone show me an example?

Last edited:
You would need to send additional data from server
Or make some special things in quest log, like adding some string on the beginning of title to make it possible to tell if it is questlog or achievement(and then remove that string before displaying)

About music: you can make it client sided: client checks position and plays given music or mixed: server checks position(and possibly other conditions, like raids or world changes) and sends packets telling client what to play

Thanks but idk how make this, i want support with this please, and how i can put sound for spells effects? i want fire sound when i cast a firewave and other fire spells

Well, for this you'll need to edit server to send that data. Or you can just make every effect have own animation, but it will make dragon's fire wave just louder than player's one. But if it is enough for you then go ahead.

And stop asking 'how'. You got an idea, now just code it.

Well, for this you'll need to edit server to send that data. Or you can just make every effect have own animation, but it will make dragon's fire wave just louder than player's one. But if it is enough for you then go ahead.

And stop asking 'how'. You got an idea, now just code it.

the day when i stop say "how" is the day when i stop learn and... if idk how code it and no find in internet too, i need ask to learn how code it, specially if idk where find the functions needed for start coding or how coding itself, if i know well, this a forum for report bugs and get support if it not, please excuse me for asking "how" many times, but i'm sure with my "how" many people is learning many things about OTC...

Devs are busy with core features and bugfix' and the others would have to browse the code. And this you can do yourself. If you want to use client sided only version then you just have to create array binding sounds to effects and them play them. It would be nice to play them on positions, just like effects are shown, but on stereo it wouldn't work properly anyway.
Once again: everyone besides devs need to learn how to do it before explaining it to you. And there are things that even devs don't know how to do. You can add your idea to wishlist, but as long as the core features aren't perfect it would probably just wait in queue. And they probably won't help you too much with things that need changes in both sides

Back