• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Otclient tasks button

Jpstafe

Reaction score
Hello community, is there a tutorial on how to put a task button on the otclient, to request the task in pz and to tell you how many you are killing?

If you have a tasks module, you just have to know first what type of button you want to include.

You should check the module first to see if it has a button for tasks that you can easily find in the init() section of the module in question, for example:
Lua:
tasksButton = modules.client_topmenu.addLeftButton('tasksButton', tr('Tasks'), '/images/topbuttons/tasksicon',
                                                         toggle)

If you are using otcv8, it would be something like this:

Lua:
tasksButton = modules.client_topmenu.addLeftGameButton('tasksButton', tr('Tasks'), '/images/topbuttons/tasksicon', toggle)

Remember that you must include the local call (local tasksButtonotherwise it won't work, and that the toggle function should exist to display the window of the module.

I also remind you that in order to receive specific help on a subject you must expand its characteristics, such as what other client you are using, what version of it. Although there is not much support for it here since you are also commenting in the wrong section, help is usually requested in the Support section.

Thanks for the help, sorry for creating where I shouldn't have, even though I've been in the forum for a year, I'm learning... the ot that I use is Otx 2, and the client is Otcv 8, the server's objective is pure fun only... I don't understand much about otclient, do you know how I can connect my tasks with the button in otclient? I have npc tasks and the function on it works perfectly. I don't have a tasks error but I don't know how to connect the server tasks with the client button that I want to add.

Attachments

Thanks for the help, sorry for creating where I shouldn't have, even though I've been in the forum for a year, I'm learning... the ot that I use is Otx 2, and the client is Otcv 8, the server's objective is pure fun only... I don't understand much about otclient, do you know how I can connect my tasks with the button in otclient? I have npc tasks and the function on it works perfectly. I don't have a tasks error but I don't know how to connect the server tasks with the client button that I want to add.

need rework your Tasks Module to work via client without NPC.

Is it OTClient or otcv8? Im trying to make my OTClient retro style, do you know how? @NvSo

How it is now 1693012824811.png

Is it OTClient or otcv8? Im trying to make my OTClient retro style, do you know how? @NvSo

How it is now View attachment 77922

The OTC community seems to me that at least Mehah keeps it very well updated and with quite big optimizations currently, the layout would be good to make it as close to Tibia 12+ Maybe, trying to add as many features as possible. It would be a matter of doing a fork and adding the Layout, working on it thoroughly.

At the moment I don't have any for OTC I have a base Style 12+ but for OTCv8

If its your otclient v8 module task by @zQt

Just add it below

-game_tasks

Done, the 'task' button is already showing in your OTClient

If its your otclient v8 module task by @zQt

Just add it below

-game_tasks

Done, the 'task' button is already showing in your OTClient
There is what I add where you told me, but when I open the exe. I get an error. This is the Task folder in Modules. It's called "game_tasks", it's there... You know why it won't let me open the exe now that it adds the game_tasks

Attachments

The OTC community seems to me that at least Mehah keeps it very well updated and with quite big optimizations currently, the layout would be good to make it as close to Tibia 12+ Maybe, trying to add as many features as possible. It would be a matter of doing a fork and adding the Layout, working on it thoroughly.

At the moment I don't have any for OTC I have a base Style 12+ but for OTCv8

Do u mind to share the Layout? 😃

What's your version? If it's tfs 7.7 downgrage it looks like you don't use that 'game_prey'. Just delete or replace with 'game_task'
Good day bro, there try and let me open the client, delete the game_pray and replace it with game_task in interface.otmod .. The only thing that when I open the client and enter the server I do not see the button to open the game_task and see the tasks. Just in case you don't have the icon of the snake of game_task? as I can configure to appear the button of the tasks, it occurs to me that it can be replaced by one of these buttons "Quest Log" or "Quest Tracker"

Attachments

That's weird. That's what I did: I put 'module_task' in my OTClient and then I removed that line and added 'game_task'. Then it appeared normally. What is your OTClient?

That's weird. That's what I did: I put 'module_task' in my OTClient and then I removed that line and added 'game_task'. Then it appeared normally. What is your OTClient?
I am using this OTclient:
I do not know if it has to see that it is a Retro layout

Back