• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Gaming OTClient vs Real Tibia Client 7.x

Danger II

tibiara.com
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was working on OTClient a while ago, I just wanted to show how far we, my mate and me, could go :)
It is actually not real tibia theme cause I dont like the theme, what I have converted is a darker theme from real tibia's version. I have used it on serveral oldschool tibia clients already.
Originally it looks like this:
XCFMrkj.png

Thats how real tibia's client looks with darker theme. The thing is, I have stopped working on OTClient because its performance is not near enough to real tibias client. Players will quickly notice the feeling of real tibia's client is way better even when OTC is really smoother. The only one I remember for now is Iryont, he improved OTC with his skills to be awesome in its performance while the gameplay does not suffer on it.

Take a look here on OTC of mine:
meD3Sfw.png

The text position is not acurate like real tibia's client. Actually I didnt look much on that, my priority was the whole gaming. Stuff like double clicking on dialog window or the exp, cap comma, alot of more serveral stuff. Small details that makes the client as near to real tibia's client as possible.

Here is some show of about the details:
RTC: Double clicking on a text in a channel
UcEG3tz.png

OTC: Double clicking on a text in a channel
icXBv8S.png

RTC: Mini bar with party symbol and mana shield
JhYkpGi.png

OTC: (Actually OTC do not support showing party symbol in mini-bar)
TBILK2L.png

RTC do not support blue color for NPCs or showing Experience below Health/Mana bar)
Here is OTC:
5ZNyzRK.png

RTC: Moving stacked item and click on the counter
giphy.gif

While real tibia supports the numpad as counter (for e.g you type 2 then 1, it will show 21)
OTC:
giphy.gif

OTClient do not support this from home, we have fixed also that we can type 2 and 1 from numpad to show the numbers (21 in this case)

RTC: Receiving a private message
giphy.gif

OTC: Receiving a private message
giphy.gif

RTC: Switching from default channel to private channel (Note how the written text color is changing)
giphy.gif

OTC: Switching from default channel to private channel (Note how the written text color is changing)
giphy.gif

RTC: Right clicking on a private channel
7eJ4uIi.png

OTC: Right clicking on a private channel
7eJ4uIi.png

If you enable the small box on the left corner at otclient it will allow you to walk with WASD.

The small details about the client makes it look like its almost real tibia's client.
Sadly my mate and me, we couldn't improve the otclient source code to give us more performance else I would have used the otclient for a otserver.

What do you think about the otclient, any ideas to improve it?
Let me know, even when I have stopped working on it, maybe I will start someday again.
Keep in mind, this is not all my own work, alot of credits go to my mate, not sure if he wishes to be named here :) - So thank you alot!
Would you like to see some more images? Tell me and I will upload them! :)

Last edited:
Since you made a lot of improvements, why don't you upload it for the community?

Perhaps someone else will be able to do the fixes you weren't able to do and it would at least mean that there would be more servers with no botters.

You should also open a 7.4 war ot with the OTClient, I would enjoy it a lot :p

Since you made a lot of improvements, why don't you upload it for the community?

Perhaps someone else will be able to do the fixes you weren't able to do and it would at least mean that there would be more servers with no botters.

You should also open a 7.4 war ot with the OTClient, I would enjoy it a lot :p
As already told, the performance of OTC is sadly not far enough to use it on a war-server. Sometimes players get kicked back without any reason, such things happen randomly and will destroy the whole waring.
I would be willing to release it as soon as someone is willing to do performance improvements with the whole source code.
Giving someone else the work we made, to improve it and not share it is not an option, sorry.

As already told, the performance of OTC is sadly not far enough to use it on a war-server. Sometimes players get kicked back without any reason, such things happen randomly and will destroy the whole waring.
I would be willing to release it as soon as someone is willing to do performance improvements with the whole source code.
Giving someone else the work we made, to improve it and not share it is not an option, sorry.
Considering you said the owner of Medieva done it, then certainly it's possible to do it? So what's stopping you?

Considering you said the owner of Medieva done it, then certainly it's possible to do it? So what's stopping you?
I didn't said it's not possible. I just don't want any leechers here that take off the work and improve it without sharing it. I haven't seen Iryont sharing his sources here, so thats my problem.
Taking stuff some the community, improve it and not givin back anything.

i have 4 months editing source code of otclient after i seen medivia client... it would be nice if you open a github i will contribute aswell on it

First of all otclient need dx9 and opengl implemented in 1 .exe same as in real tibia client

Add DirectX9 to OTClient.
already exist, or not? you can have two exes (opengl & directx9)

Yeah for now there is 2 different clients, one is OpenGL another is DX, would love to see them both in one client.

I have been working with my mate on a auto-updater which updates the dat, spr or exe.
But the otclient did cause a few problems so we did delete it again - I guess because of a few dlls files was missing, mostly mircosoft visual packages

This project with these fixs are the best anti bot, the priority would be the optimization, the problem is not in the walking & light?

The light is of course not like real tibia, sadly. The walking has been improved because otclient did not take care about oldschool clients.

OTC without elevation edit: (left click on parcel)
giphy.gif

OTC my version: (left click on parcel)
giphy.gif

nice, what other improvements have this client?

For example it has a better movement system due to the reason that the keyboard is configurable
boBI.png

We did improve alot of things, also small details that makes the client so real, but sadly the performance lack was the reason why the client never became that popular.
For example when a player that was in vip list logged in, there was no notifiaction, in our otclient there is.
Really those small details are very important..

Back