• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTFans - Thanks for the years!

The database failure cockblocked us all. If he tries to recover it, it may be lost forever.
whats the point of keeping it unrecovered then? just because?
and he also said that he had backups and that at most a few posts would be missing

I like it this way when all will join one community even though it's very sad that otfans has been closed... Was a really good community back in days.

Anyway I hope that otland owner would give a spot to the owner of otfans without any hesitation if he ever wanted to join, otherwise I wish the best of luck to him. Cheers!

Oh yeah I remember TibiaStrike. I was helper there.

I think that people create more forums because they have ideas that they cannot do on this forum, and try to project them on a low populated forum, ending up with their spirit crushed and pressing the "end" button.

Anyone and everyone is able to create their ideas on this forum and if it's good enough then they can become an official developer.

Anyway I hope that otland owner would give a spot to the owner of otfans without any hesitation if he ever wanted to join, otherwise I wish the best of luck to him. Cheers!
I certainly hope not. After what's lately been seen from grizzm0, he should not be in that high of a position again. Just wanted to post this reply, let's not turn this thread into a blame thread now. Let's see the positive sides instead.

Anyone and everyone is able to create their ideas on this forum and if it's good enough then they can become an official developer.
Doubt it. Before really getting support you're gonna have something to show first, that it's gonna lead somewhere. This is where the whole thing could fall if it is dependent on that support to get the result; a moment 21.

Last edited:
Good riddance.

(Note that this comment does not represent my real feelings about this and that this message might spark some heated discussions. If you want to qoute this message you will see this and don't be as mad as you were before you saw this text)

Tbh, I'm glad Otfans is gone, not because I hated the people there but because now Otland is one of the few sites for people to get help with Ots and now all the Ot developers and such are condensed in a smaller area.

I certainly hope not. After what's lately been seen from grizzm0, he should not be in that high of a position again. Just wanted to post this reply, let's not turn this thread into a blame thread now. Let's see the positive sides instead.

I understand but if grizzm0 wants to be active and can contribute to OtLand then I can't see why you wouldn't give him such of a position, ofcourse I don't mean "kick Talaturen out and put grizzm0 in", What I meant is that he would have somehow a enough good position IF he even wants to lol.

Also remember that he was one of the first that have been building up the OpenTibia community.

I understand but if grizzm0 wants to be active and can contribute to OtLand then I can't see why you wouldn't give him such of a position, ofcourse I don't mean "kick Talaturen out and put grizzm0 in", What I meant is that he would have somehow a enough good position IF he even wants to lol.

Also remember that he was one of the first that have been building up the OpenTibia community.

Dude, you don't want GriZzm0 here, he's a dick. don't know how to be social, can't handle discussions and still gets his mom to pay his phone (he's 24)
oh wait, maybe that's the kind of people you want here? Kinda unsure about that..

Doubt it. Before really getting support you're gonna have something to show first, that it's gonna lead somewhere. This is where the whole thing could fall if it is dependent on that support to get the result; a moment 21.

Looking at this, for example: https://github.com/opentibia/server/pull/16 - a 2-month-old pull request without any response from anything. There's another pull request from the same person, a month old, no response either.
If I see that, it'd severely demotivate me to even try to contribute since nobody of the main rev replies to it anyway.

Dude, you don't want GriZzm0 here, he's a dick. don't know how to be social, can't handle discussions and still gets his mom to pay his phone (he's 24)
oh wait, maybe that's the kind of people you want here? Kinda unsure about that..

Someones mad at him xd

Well I don't blame you anyway. He did nothing at all to help OTFans in the end.

I already thanked Otfans for everything, but here is one again. I started participating to an OT community there. Sad that the community was dead the last "two?" years. It's great that otland still gots a great activity. I think the lay-out of this site is behind the great mods here, one of the most important reasons. Still it's sad that Otfans is gone, but I am glad we can still move on with the open tibia community. Hope the 7.6-.4 OT times will get back any time. Missing that time. :p

Looking at this, for example: https://github.com/opentibia/server/pull/16 - a 2-month-old pull request without any response from anything. There's another pull request from the same person, a month old, no response either.
If I see that, it'd severely demotivate me to even try to contribute since nobody of the main rev replies to it anyway.
I don't see what that has to do with my reply though? that project has no leader and is dead pretty much.

lol wierd... but I think this is some kind of tactic to gain members, by telling everyone that otfans is going down & when it has been discussed on several forums then the knowledge of it has been expanded.. Now it's a perfect time to turn it up when it's a HOT subject.

Otherwise I wonder why grizm0 is doing like this & if there ever was a db failure(?)

It don't bother me either what... this is just confusing :S

Even if he does bring OTFans back, if he doesn't have anything decent planned already, then it'll just go down the same way as before, slowly dying until he pulls the plug

Back