• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTitemeditor

Gusta Peepee

Reaction score
Hello Tibians!

OTitemeditor when loading the .OTB file with items in version 8.1 displays the error:

"The selected client is not compatible with this OTB (version 7). Please navigate to the folder of compatible client 800."

I tried to route to client 8.0 and only then OTitemeditor loaded the OTB file from my OTS 8.1.

How to solve the problem so that OTeditor correctly recognizes the OTB 8.1 and 8.1 client files? Any suggestions?

I have this OTitemeditor and a few people in this thread had a similar problem but I am still wondering how to fix it and that the OTS itself will work properly with all 8.1 items and not 8.0 items when I replace the .spr and .dat files.

Post automatically merged:

I already know what's going on! The engine is on Tibia 8.1 but for some unknown reason the engine's author built the entire OTS on 8.0 files...

How to convert an OTS database from 8.0 to 8.1? Changing items.OTB and editing .xml files is enough for the engine to run stably?

Last edited:
How to convert an OTS database from 8.0 to 8.1? Changing items.OTB and editing .xml files is enough for the engine to run stably?
What are you trying to change? Add new items? If current version of OTItemEditor does not accept 8.0 .otb and 8.1 client files, it may be a problem.
If it works as 8.1 - you can connect with 8.1 client - than it's 8.1 server. Some files/database may be from 8.0 version, but it will work fine.

The engine is on Tibia 8.1 but for some unknown reason the engine's author built the entire OTS on 8.0 files...
It happens when OTS author starts from 8.0 and then want to add 8.1 client compatiblity. It's much easier without updating items.otb. Just add new items to 8.0 server, change protocolgame.cpp to make it work with 8.1, done. I made it many times with OTSes which I did not plan to release on forum.

So it is possible to update the engine with 8.0 files to version 8.1? Is such a process described in the forum or could you describe it? I see that we come from the same country so maybe you will know the Evo by Aciek engine - maybe this information will be helpful about which engine we are talking about.

In this situation I would like to update the whole thing to 8.1 and start adding items, spells etc. to version 8.1. Version 8.1 brought a lot of changes to Tibia which in my opinion are quite important in planning editing work. I have knowledge how to add items and operate programs but unfortunately I have never done conversion of the engine to a different version.

Is such a process described in the forum or could you describe it?
It takes hours or even days for programmers with years of OTS experience. There are quite many changes between 8.0 and 8.1, especially spells/effects.
I don't have time to do that big update.
Anyway, if you need some help, message me on Discord: Gesior.pl#3208

Hello Tibians!

OTitemeditor when loading the .OTB file with items in version 8.1 displays the error:

"The selected client is not compatible with this OTB (version 7). Please navigate to the folder of compatible client 800."

I tried to route to client 8.0 and only then OTitemeditor loaded the OTB file from my OTS 8.1.

How to solve the problem so that OTeditor correctly recognizes the OTB 8.1 and 8.1 client files? Any suggestions?

I have this OTitemeditor and a few people in this thread had a similar problem but I am still wondering how to fix it and that the OTS itself will work properly with all 8.1 items and not 8.0 items when I replace the .spr and .dat files.

Post automatically merged:

I already know what's going on! The engine is on Tibia 8.1 but for some unknown reason the engine's author built the entire OTS on 8.0 files...

send me the otb you need to edit to 8.0 and 8.00 client .
i think i could help what version number exactly you need this otb ?

I wrote on discord to Gesior.pl. The OTS I have is probably 8.0 which has been updated to 8.1. This is why 8.1 .spr and .dat are not compatible with .OTB. I will work on it tomorrow and I will let you know what details I have agreed, it is possible this thread may be helpful for people who will to run an old school server in the future but they encounter a similar problem.

Back