• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTLand doesn't work as it should - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnorkY

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Hi, OTLand is very strange on my computer. It works for about 1min then the page doesnt work for about 1min and it goes on like this.

No other website is like this on my computer, only this one. But OTLand seems to be working fine on every other computer i try it at.

Does anyone know what it is?...

Hi, OTLand is very strange on my computer. It works for about 1min then the page doesnt work for about 1min and it goes on like this.

No other website is like this on my computer, only this one. But OTLand seems to be working fine on every other computer i try it at.

Does anyone know what it is?...

It happend to me when i used Windows xp, but when i changed it to Windows 7 it didn't happen ;)

Yeah i'm using windows xp. I don't want to change to Windows 7 because i like playing oldschool servers :)

7.4 and 7.6 run great here on win7:p could be untrue with different graphics cards

7.4 and 7.6 run great here on win7:p could be untrue with different graphics cards

Windows XP have better native support for DirectX 5 and 9. It may work fine on windows 7 but overall performance should be slightly better on windows XP. Especially on low-end hardware.

@Topic
Perhaps you are using a bad web browser? Tried an alternative version? Google chrome, Firefox, Opera. I can understand if you are using IE 7 it might suck but still such an issue shouldn't happen. :eek:

I'm using firefox :)

Same shit happened with Google Chrome.

As Znote said, slightly better on XP, but it's still barely recognizable.
Better off just going Windows 7.

But i've heard people lag like shit on 7.4 with Windows 7.

Also, i've used vista on a laptop and playing 7.4 and 7.6 on that was impossible.

I'm confused. Are we talking about OtLand or old Tibia versions in this thread? If there is some issue with OtLand, will you please explain what isn't working as expected?

First there was something about OtLand didn't run well on his XP computer and he don't want to install win7 because it didn't worked well with older tibia clients, I think I'm correct now?

MWpBy.png

used to have same problem as OP, it got solved randomly (the first time when trying out lolbuntu)
but it's likely nothing fixable on server's end, some routes tend to be problematic even though I dont see how an OS change fixes it

it may be something wrong with a configuration on your windows user(I've seen something like that before), try creating another user and see if it is still slow on the new user

I tried logging out, still same shit. It's so wierd because it's only on my computer and on this homepage.

It will most likely work if i format my computer (remove everything) but i can't be arsed to do that.

It's really fucking annoying it takes 3 tries just to send this post....

I mean actually creating a new user, not just logging out/in

I have this problem too, on Win7 with 15 Mb/s net. Sometimes Otland got a big laaaag.

actually i had problems to connect to otland during the day, so did some of my friends, but it works perfect now though

I have this problem all the time, i can barely log in because the homepage stops working all the time.

By the way, i'm SnorkY (the thread creator), i did a new account to see if that would help but it's the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back