• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTLand forum is technically amazing.

whitevo

Feeling good, thats what I do.
Solutions
Reaction score
Today morning I prepared huge wall of text for forum post (yep patch notes xD)
But just recently I lost my network connection.
Few hours later. I log in to forum. Go to my thread. And I still see my all my text there :D

Dayum did not expect that :D
Randomly got interested how it works just now x)
Is this site catching some of this text into its own memory? or this text is being saved to my temp memory somewhere, like mozilla? xD?

It's done with JavaScript, probably saves in a cookie but I'm not sure. If you look at the bottom of the message box you will see "Draft saved" or something along those lines every few minutes or so.

This is a quote from XenForo forums.
Saves messages on-the-fly so that if you close your browser on accident or your computer crashes, your post will still be in the editor when you navigate back to where you were.

The way it works is easy: as you type a message, it gets stored in your browser's localStorage. Once you submit it, the copy gets erased. If you close your browser and then re-open a page, the saved content will automatically be re-inserted into the editor.

Stored messages are keyed by URL, meaning you can have more than one saved draft at a time, but anything after the #symbol is ignored.

Works for replies, quick replies, new threads, and PMs.

Back