• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Otland going down?

Open Tibia isn't going to go away due to the fact that Tibia itself is a very unique game itself. Tibia is pretty much the only "mmorpg" that has open world pvp, text input interface, the look/use system with EVERYTHING in the game world and you can interact with items directly in the game world itself.

On Tibia, I can put down my weapon on my depot, and directly show people it, I can even tease people with it by throwing it on the ground near them, and taking it back really fast. If I mess up, or am slow, someone else can literally take that weapon. There is current NO other mmorpg that actually lets you directly interact with items in the game world such as this. EVERYTHING on Tibia, in theory is interactive.

Npcs on Tibia are FAR more dynamic in theory compared to other mmorpgs. In other mmos, you are given a list of responses that you pick from to "conversate" with the npc, but you really have no freedom of your options. On tibia, I can go up to an npc and say anything I want to it, to see if the npc has a response to it. Sure NPCs only have so many keywords that they interact with, but still, there is so much freedom in this system. On real tibia, I can go to basically any npc, and say "time" to them, and they will give me either the current time, or a difference response. I can also go "word hunting" or "conversation hunting" with npcs, to try to find information. Other games DO NOT give me this option, and this is a system that is pretty much unique to Tibia in the mmo world. As an OPEN project, on Tibia my ability to make NPC conversations is literally only limited to my imagination and scripting abilities.

And probably the biggest reason why people cling to Tibia is the fact that the game has OPEN WORLD PVP. A player goes to the rune store? I can literally walk up on him and kill him right there. Other games have limitations like "pvp zones" or faction-only pvp. Also, most other mmos, use instances for quests, and "bosses". On Tibia, everyone is on the same world, same instance, at all times. This means, if Ferumbras spawns, I can join the whole server in killing it.. or preventing specific people from killing it, or just totally fucking people over it. I have seen people, all grouped up to kill a big boss, just to all turn on the knight blocker when the monster hits black HP, and kill the blocker because they don't like him. Sure that player may not be happy, but let me tell you people something, THAT IS FREEDOM RIGHT THERE.

Tibia lets US play pretty much anyway we want. And even more so in the OPEN community. We can literally have none of the restrictions that turn me off from MMORPGs in general. These are VERY unique things to Tibia, and as long as there is no other game, or easily accessible engine (TFS) that lets people interact with items, npcs, and has open world pvp, you will NOT see Tibia and Open Tibia die.

It may not have a huge population of players, but it still has enough to easily be able to see Tibia lasting another 10 years, if not a lot more. And this applies massively more so to the Open Tibia community, as it is only our imagination, scripting abilities and willingness to work for it, that can hold us back.

People make "real tibia" OTs as they are "easy" to make, But the honest truth they are not, and most are just down right pathetic. Shadowcores is a very good example of a real map OT done RIGHT, so much effort has been put into it, and the uptime on it is amazing, Tala has done wonderful work with that server, and it is very easy to see why it has a high population. I myself don't play it, but the work put into making it, and keeping it constantly up to date, is impressive, so don't totally diss "Real Maps".

But do remember, that TFS is more of an engine for us to make our OWN open world pvp game, with all the other wonderful systems that Tibia has that other games in this genre DO NOT have, and I will always be much more interested, and will make "custom" OTs that hardly resemble Cipsofts verison of Tibia, outside of the sprites itself.

I know I don't post much, I don't like posting much, I prefer talking over ventrilo, and being around a close group of people, but trust, there is still as much activity, if not more activity in the OT than when I first started playing on an OT, which was in probably around 2002/3.

I'm 24 years old now, and I still find Tibia itself as a game, and as a game engine very interesting. Otland won't be going down anytime soon

I agree with most of the stuff you said. However i feel that cipsoft is adding more and more restrictions.

Level req for runes, spells, weapons. Cooldowns, black skull.

There's a lot more for people who still plays real tibia to add to this list since i haven't played since after 8.4

@ 2up : i agree with u on mostly all things u said, but what happends if the members who update TFS stop doing it?
what i see these days is mostly RL maps that are just about the donations. and the fucked up part about is they have 500+ people playing on it.

I also played a lot of costum server where a lot of effort was put in and its sad to see they only get like 20 or 30 players wich are mostly the same few playing.
and that is just sad :/

But yes tibia will survive i think, if some new people stand up in the community and keep working on making great servers.

Open tibia and tibia need to attract more players, I've never seen an advertisement for tibia anywhere and I live in the UK

People who see tibia for the first time aren't even going to pay attention to tibia, because of it's graphical level (2D) which is so bad, because if they get to know tibia and make friends/hunt/war or anything else they see that tibia can be fun etc.
All my classmates play WoW, well I hate that game I tried it but it isn't for me, but they don't even bother creating an account for tibia because they think it looks ugly.

The future of Cipsoft's Tibia is in the Open Tibia servers, until they realize that, Cipsoft will still be in drop, and with it, Tibia.

Where do you think all the tibia players are going to go with Cipsoft screws up tibia so much that no one will play? o.o Answer:OTS(Hopefully) All over Real tibia before I left I started to see level 8's in depots spamming with macros and bots links to an OTSERV. I doubt Tibia will ever die, and in my opinion OTLAND will never die. I have to thank OTLAND for my interest in a career in computer science. One day I typed in Google Tibia MOD and found OTFANS back in 2007? I think.. don't remember. That led me here. Led me to download a distro and try and figure out how in the hell to make a spell like Exevo gran mas vis that was Energy(Lawl). I play all new games that come out, almost every one. Love LoL. But just like Sportacus said no game is like Tibia.... No games ever made me so pissed off, so happy, so sad(Dying to PKS with full supplies at level 20 at Fibula beholders and breaking my keyboard when I was 15?), so intense than Tibia. Which is why i'm sticking with it. I think a lot of people feel the same way. I'll always find the time to play an actually good 7.4-7.72 real map OT that comes out. Or OTS that actually has some work put in it.

Back