• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] - January Voting Thread

Which of the submissions do you think is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
1580036845064.png
Welcome back and happy New Year to all of you here! It's time to kick off 2020 with the Voting Thread for January's OtLand Official Mapping Competition.

VOTING STAGE: January - "Jungle Ruins"

The entrants shall remain anonymous until the voting stage has concluded.

Remember: The prize for the winner of the competition will receive 3-months free premium on OtLand.

It is worth noting that there is now a league system that is tracking the points of the top 3 from each competition. At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs
Rules:
  • You MUST NOT vote for yourself​
  • You MUST NOT entice others to vote for your entry​
  • You MUST only vote once. Anyone found using multiple accounts to vote will have all of their votes discounted. If an entrant decides to violate this rule, they will be banned indefinitely from the competitions and have their entry disqualified.​
  • You MUST NOT inform, hint or otherwise let any other members know which entry is yours (until the winner is revealed obviously)​
  • You MUST NOT insult or "flame" anyone, their maps or their comments​
  • Please vote for the entry that best suits the theme of the competition (in this case; the theme is "Jungle Ruins")​
  • If you know who mapped what just by style, do not post saying who it is. You will receive an infraction for doing so.​
  • If you wish to change your vote, please comment below and this will be accounted for once the voting stage has concluded. You should now be able to change your vote yourself
Disqualifications:

Vote Changes: I've allowed it so you can change your vote yourself now
However, you cannot see the results until you vote, alleviating some bias initially, i.e. If you wanted to sit on the fence and try to balance the votes.

Please click on some of the larger images to show the true size/quality.

[1.] @Sharp
contestant 1.png

[2.]@kokokoko
Contestant 2.png

[3.]@Andréew
contestant 3.png

[4.]@Demon Eldorath
Contestant 4.png

[5.]@Mackan™
contestant 5.png

[6.]@Blackstone
contestant 6.png

Good luck to all & apologies for the delay in posting the voting thread. Next sign up will be Feb 1st.​

Last edited:
Had a hard time choosing between 3 and 6, but my vote went to 6 :)

its so easier to map in newer version like tibia 10x
would love to see someone do the competition in 7.4
Edit my vote goes for picture number 6 !​

Reactions: rlx
i must say, im a bit disappointed....... why is there NO TIGERS on the maps? :( :( kittys fo life ;)
nah but to be real, some real nice pieces.. had a hard time picking who to vote for to be honest, it was small details it came down to.

@Amiroo, yeah its harder to make it look good because you have way less details to add... i belive most maps would look very similar.. the only thing that would actually be different is the "base layout" of the map. i would never choose to map 7.4.. super boring ;)

Last edited:
They look great but there are some better pieces, imo:
1. Nice work but too simple in comparision to others.
2. Very nice and clean piece but nothing is happening there.
3. For me that one is the best, one consistent theme, creatures, ruins, jungle, borders, pretty trees.
4. Looks nice but doesnt look like a jungle to me, more like a border between jungle and normal terrain.
5. I think there are too much objects mixed together. Without some elements it would look better.
6. I like the waterfall and borders, really nice.

I will vote for 3.
3>6>2>1>4>5

2, 3 and 6 are great. my vote goes to 3 tho

Shows I got to be decently sober when mapping. What a drag.. u_u
Count me out for upcoming comps. I rather want oldtimers to remember how it was than me trying trying this shit now.

1, 3 and 6 looks really good, but i had to go for nr 6 in the end. Well done! :)

Reclaiming the crown! hell yaah dudes!
Thanks for the votes guys! super glad you liked it!
also we got a new record?! 111 votes in total! hopefully the competition will grow, more participants and more voters!

there was some real nice pieces and some got way less votes then they deserved! looking forward to the last competition of this season, wonder what kind of theme Ghost is lurking on!
Thanks again everyone and well done everyone who participated in the contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back