Mapping Board Moderator
- Nov 2, 2011
- Best answers
- Reaction score
- United Kingdom
Welcome back to another Official Mapping Competition.
My apologies for the large delay for this thread to be created. Due to the revote and some other factors, I was late getting this up. So without further ado...
As always, the winner of an OTLand Official Mapping Contest will receive premium to their OtLand account, however now it is for 3 months opposed to the historic 1 month! Well done to @Andréew for being crowned the winner for another consecutive time! Also congratulations to @Blackstone for making it such a close contest.
So it is worth noting that there is now a league system that is tracking the points of the top 3 from each competition. At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs
How do I sign up?
A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many
participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified.
We have decided that allowing everyone to see who is taking part in the competition might inspire participants to make better pieces.
The poll will be open for the entire duration of the submission phase. Please ensure that you submit your entry within the deadline of the 24th November.
|Sign Up Deadline Date||Sunday 24th November|
|Submission Deadline Date||23:59 BST on 24th November|
|Images / Submissions Allowed||1|
How do I submit?
This time, you're required to use the frame provided, ensuring all entries are the same size. I will be checking for any edits on the frame so please make sure you keep to the rules with this.
This is the standard game window so if you take an in game screenshot, you wont need to use it (providing you take the screenshot with "Do not stretch" checked). If you submit a map editor image, it should be situated within this frame (otherwise I'll do it) - Frame size for viewable image is 480 x 352 px/cm.
Once you've mapped your entry, please send it to me via PM with the title "OtLand Mapping Competition - November Entry". You can always send me a revision should you wish to change it but please ensure you do this prior to the 24th of November deadline.
- No captions
- No in-game text
- All submissions must be mapped by the user submitting and the user only
- No colluding or team mapping allowed
- If you decide to submit an in-game picture, please ensure character names are turned off (Ctrl + N).
- No custom sprites allowed – Please ensure you are using the vanilla Tibia.spr in your submissions.
- Your submission must reflect the theme of the competition. Your interpretation is down to your imagination however, it is expected to have recognisable elements that correspond to the theme
- If you sign up, you must submit an image otherwise you MAY be banned from competing in the following month’s competition (unless notified prior)
- You must not discuss your submission with any other user. Please keep it to yourself until the voting stage has concluded, and the results determined.
If you have any queries or questions, please let me know.
For this competition, only 1 image will be accepted. No merging of images to show a larger area, no multiple images, no effects, no custom sprites. The version in which you can map is however you see fit.
This month's Theme is: Dwarven Mines
Good luck and have fun
Good luck and have fun