• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] - November Sign Up

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
Mapping Competition Banner

Welcome back to another Official Mapping Competition.

My apologies for the large delay for this thread to be created. Due to the revote and some other factors, I was late getting this up. So without further ado...

As always, the winner of an OTLand Official Mapping Contest will receive premium to their OtLand account, however now it is for 3 months opposed to the historic 1 month! Well done to @Andréew for being crowned the winner for another consecutive time! Also congratulations to @Blackstone for making it such a close contest.

So it is worth noting that there is now a league system that is tracking the points of the top 3 from each competition. At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs

How do I sign up?

A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many
participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified.
We have decided that allowing everyone to see who is taking part in the competition might inspire participants to make better pieces.

The poll will be open for the entire duration of the submission phase. Please ensure that you submit your entry within the deadline of the 24th November.

Max ParticipantsUncapped
Submission Deadline Date23:59 BST on 24th November
Images / Submissions Allowed1

How do I submit?

This time, you're required to use the frame provided, ensuring all entries are the same size. I will be checking for any edits on the frame so please make sure you keep to the rules with this.

This is the standard game window so if you take an in game screenshot, you wont need to use it (providing you take the screenshot with "Do not stretch" checked). If you submit a map editor image, it should be situated within this frame (otherwise I'll do it) - Frame size for viewable image is 480 x 352 px/cm.

IaafQMQ.png

Once you've mapped your entry, please send it to me via PM with the title "OtLand Mapping Competition - November Entry". You can always send me a revision should you wish to change it but please ensure you do this prior to the 24th of November deadline.

Rules:
  • No captions
  • No in-game text
  • All submissions must be mapped by the user submitting and the user only
  • No colluding or team mapping allowed
  • If you decide to submit an in-game picture, please ensure character names are turned off (Ctrl + N).
  • No custom sprites allowed – Please ensure you are using the vanilla Tibia.spr in your submissions.
  • Your submission must reflect the theme of the competition. Your interpretation is down to your imagination however, it is expected to have recognisable elements that correspond to the theme
  • If you sign up, you must submit an image otherwise you MAY be banned from competing in the following month’s competition (unless notified prior)
  • You must not discuss your submission with any other user. Please keep it to yourself until the voting stage has concluded, and the results determined.
Any users found to have broken any of the above rules will be disqualified from the contest and will be banned from submitting for the next competition.

If you have any queries or questions, please let me know.

For this competition, only 1 image will be accepted. No merging of images to show a larger area, no multiple images, no effects, no custom sprites. The version in which you can map is however you see fit.

This month's Theme is: Dwarven Mines

Inspiration:
dwarf_mine_by_jakobhansson-d4tadl6.jpg

d6f996f0d47c4d38cd8d83ab960d34cb.jpg

latest

Good luck and have fun

This theme can either turn out really good or really bad, looking forward to the submissions.
With some of the talent lurking around these forums... I know the contest pieces will look amazing. Not sure about this guy above me though ;)

Well, 480x352 is way too low resolution, isn't it?

Well, 480x352 is way too low resolution, isn't it?
It is not the resolution.
It's the normal image size of an ingame screenshot when setting the "do not skretch" graphics option in your client on a 1920x1080 monitor.
In limiting the size you can equalize the chances of winning.

Cheers

Well, I don't know what I am doing wrong, but my pictures are getting too distorted with this image size. Also, I can barely see any detail, looks too small, so, I may not participate this contest. :/

Well, I don't know what I am doing wrong, but my pictures are getting too distorted with this image size. Also, I can barely see any detail, looks too small, so, I may not participate this contest. :/
You try to make a screenshot ingame or in RME?

An image from the mapeditor with 480 x 352 is just bad... Make people do bigger pieces, A piece of 480 x 352 takes 5 minutes to do, no effort whatsoever...

Take this piece for example, amazing. The mapper (don't know who) actually put effort into this.
pOM0ou5.png

An image from the mapeditor with 480 x 352 is just bad... Make people do bigger pieces, A piece of 480 x 352 takes 5 minutes to do, no effort whatsoever...

Take this piece for example, amazing. The mapper (don't know who) actually put effort into this.
pOM0ou5.png
Blackstone :> and I agree - but for this we had a size limitation to keep them as even as can be. I liked it being open since it allowed you to be fully creative but this time we are keeping it to match the in game screen size. Below would have been fine.

111.PNG

7 submissions so far!
A week to go :)

I feel like I have no chance, but I am going to participate because the theme is so fun! Nice choice.

I don't need a premium, but for fun I joined the contest :p

Ends on the 24th. Then a week vote.

few ppl still need to submit also!

:>

2 days left

imo the "Submission Deadline Date" could be just 1 week instead 2 weeks... 2 weeks for 1 map piece is a loooot of time (especially with the small size rule) also it gets kinda boring to wait that long to start the vote phase =p

Oh damn... i saw thiscontest just today... dont think ill join, its too late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back