Mapping Board Moderator
- Nov 2, 2011
- Best answers
- Reaction score
- England; land of the slaves.
Welcome back to another Official Mapping Competition.
I was extremely impressed with the participation of the last competition and the entries. It's good to see the activity back in here.
As always, the winner of an OTLand Official Mapping Contest will receive premium to their OtLand account, however now it is for 3 months opposed to the historic 1 month! Well done to @Andréew for being crowned the winner of last months competition. I look forward to your entry this month!
So it is worth noting that there is now a league system that is tracking the points of the top 3 from each competition. At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs
So without further ado... Let's commence the sign up phase.
How do I sign up?
A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many
participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified.
We have decided that allowing everyone to see who is taking part in the competition might inspire participants to make better pieces.
The poll will be open for 7 days so you have until next Tuesday (a week from now) to sign up.
|Sign Up Deadline Date||Tuesday 8th October|
|Submission Deadline Date||23:59 BST on 20th October 2019|
|Images / Submissions Allowed||1|
How do I submit?
Once you've mapped your entry, please send it to me via PM with the title "OtLand Mapping Competition - October Entry". You can always send me a revision should you wish to change it but please ensure you do this prior to the 20th of October deadline.
- No captions
- No in-game text
- All submissions must be mapped by the user submitting and the user only
- No colluding or team mapping allowed
- If you decide to submit an in-game picture, please ensure character names are turned off (Ctrl + N).
- No custom sprites allowed – Please ensure you are using the vanilla Tibia.spr in your submissions.
- Your submission must reflect the theme of the competition. Your interpretation is down to your imagination however, it is expected to have recognisable elements that correspond to the theme
- If you sign up, you must submit an image otherwise you MAY be banned from competing in the following month’s competition (unless notified prior)
- You must not discuss your submission with any other user. Please keep it to yourself until the voting stage has concluded, and the results determined.
If you have any queries or questions, please let me know.
For this competition, only 1 image will be accepted. No merging of images to show a larger area, no multiple images, no effects, no custom sprites. The version in which you can map is however you see fit.
If you want an example of how to take a good quality in game screenshot, please see @Magnetico 's thread: Ingame Image Tutorial
As it is October, this theme is just too hard to resist. Especially since my name is quite fitting. It could have been a haunted house theme fit for a Ghost but let your imaginations run wild! Map the most sinister tricks (or treats) and
This month's Theme is: Halloween
Good luck and have fun