• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] - October Voting Thread

Which of the submissions do you think is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
BQnEnqi.png

VOTING STAGE: OCTOBER - "Halloween"

Welcome to the second voting thread of the relaunch for the OtLand Official Mapping Competition.

It was great to see so many sign up again but the submissions have dwindled a little. There was a longer period to submit this time as October is a 5 week month so I'm a little disappointed but well done to those that submitted!

The entrants shall remain anonymous until the voting stage has concluded.

Remember: The prize for the winner of the competition will receive 3-months free premium on OtLand.

it is worth noting that there is now a league system that is tracking the points of the top 3 from each competition. At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs

Rules:
  • You MUST NOT vote for yourself
  • You MUST NOT entice others to vote for your entry
  • You MUST only vote once. Anyone found using multiple accounts to vote will have all of their votes discounted. If an entrant decides to violate this rule, they will be banned indefinitely from the competitions and have their entry disqualified.
  • You MUST NOT inform, hint or otherwise let any other members know which entry is yours (until the winner is revealed obviously)
  • You MUST NOT insult or "flame" anyone, their maps or their comments
  • Please vote for the entry that best suits the theme of the competition (in this case; the theme is "Halloween")
  • If you know who mapped what just by style, do not post saying who it is. You will receive an infraction for doing so.
  • If you wish to change your vote, please comment below and this will be accounted for once the voting stage has concluded.

Disqualifications:

Vote Changes:

Please click the images to view a larger / correct sized image

[1.] @Blackstone

[2.] @Blez

[3.] @Andréew

Good luck to all.​

Last edited:
That's some really nice and cozy pictures!
Great job to by all three contestants — captivating the feeling of Halloween in a dazzling way.

Wow, only 3 submissions, but they are all great!
I love the atmospheric wibe! 👻💀🧹🧙‍♀️🐍

Woo oo oO Oo oO Oo oO ooh... Spooky! 👻 😱
Awesome maps! I would actually like to play on them, hehe :p

i like all of them; each pic has a different atmosphere. the second pic looks a bit too "happy". i would make an ingame image at night, soit looks more spooky and atmospheric

#1 Is by far the best mapped piece, but lacks Halloween feeling.

#2 Don't look any Halloween'ish at all, imo.

#3 Definitely has the most Halloween feeling, but pretty average mapping.

Few days left and it's still neck and neck!

Last edited:
Congratulations to @Andréew for winning once again!

Sorry for the delay in reporting the results.

The revote thread to establish a winner from the draw was posted here: [OtLand Official Mapping Competition] - October REVOTE (https://otland.net/threads/otland-official-mapping-competition-october-revote.266983/)

First Place: @Andréew
Second Place: @Blackstone
Third Place: @Blez

I hope the subsequent competitions receive more of a reception in terms of participants and submissions.

Congrats to the winner once again!

Wow! what a fun contest, the votes was insane. Suprised i won if im going to be honest, kind of misinterpreted the rules haha. I was thinking everyone was going with ingame screens haha, anyways!
Thanks for the competition @Blackstone this was insane, and great piece! Really liked it, that style is so good!

also shoutout @Blez for making a great piece! Ingame screen of that with a bit of darkness to the edges would be really cool! ;)

Thanks again to @GhostX for hosting these contests!

Wow! what a fun contest, the votes was insane. Suprised i won if im going to be honest, kind of misinterpreted the rules haha. I was thinking everyone was going with ingame screens haha, anyways!
Thanks for the competition @Blackstone this was insane, and great piece! Really liked it, that style is so good!

also shoutout @Blez for making a great piece! Ingame screen of that with a bit of darkness to the edges would be really cool! ;)

Thanks again to @GhostX for hosting these contests!
Thanks mate! I loved how close it was and in the end I did not even bother who wins just because it was awesome fun all the time. 😍
I am already looking forward to our next match up, this time it was close, next time I will shine and tear you down. 🤓

I'm going to win the next contest. Watch out @Andréew I'm coming for you.

No. I'll win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back