• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] [S2] - December Voting Thread

What submission do you think is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WibbenZ

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
map banner.png
Welcome back to a new instance of the official OTland Mapping Competitions.

VOTING STAGE: December - "1 Year of The Plague"

The entrants shall remain anonymous until the voting stage has concluded.

Remember: The prize for the winner of the competition will receive 1 year free premium on OtLand.

It is worth noting that there is now a league system that is tracking the points of the top 3 from each competition. At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs

Rules:
You MUST NOT vote for yourself
You MUST NOT entice others to vote for your entry
You MUST only vote once. Anyone found using multiple accounts to vote will have all of their votes discounted. If an entrant decides to violate this rule, they will be banned indefinitely from the competitions and have their entry disqualified.
You MUST NOT inform, hint or otherwise let any other members know which entry is yours (until the winner is revealed obviously)
You MUST NOT insult or "flame" anyone, their maps or their comments
If you know who mapped what just by style, do not post saying who it is. You will receive an infraction for doing so.
This last sentence here isn't really a rule, but congratz, you actually read all this. If you comment on the thread, make your text colored green, and I'll know that you've been attentive.

Disqualifications:
-

PLEASE NOTE DUE TO THE LARGE SIZES OF SOME OF THESE IMAGES, YOU MAY NEED TO CLICK THEM TO GET A FULL DETAILED VIEW, AND THANKS TO GHOST, I JUST COPY-PASTED ALL HIS TEXT

[#1] @Gilgamach
1.png

<1st PLACE>[#2] @.Shirako.
2.1.png
2.2.png

<3rd PLACE>[#3] @Mackan™
3.1.png
3.2.png

<2nd PLACE>[#4] @eiserne festung
4.1.png
4.2.png

[#5] @Peroxide
5.png

Really amazing entries, all of them. May the best man or woman win.
Let the voting stage of the December competition, BEGIN!

We now have a winner!
Congratulations to @.Shirako. !

Last edited:
#2 is nice but doesn't really display a plague theme, more like forgotten and abandoned somewhat (just needed corpses maybe some rats)
#4 got my vote since it did give off the plague theme with the bodies on the carts etc

@eiserne festung sorry :( I don't get much time these days

I really enjoyed #2 but those walls are very much confusing to me (at any building).
Very distracting in my eyes and they completely destroy an otherwise amazing piece.
Sadly it doesn't represent the plague topic in my opinion as well and is more like a haunted mansion.
1608806722888.png

#4 is very well executed and does clearly have some ideas into the direction of a plague.
It's not ideal and I would like to see it on a wider view but imo it is the best entry.

Last edited:
OH NO! AM I TOO LATE?! DAMN, I was mapping this for two weeks, and forgot to sign in! Good luck anyway... : ((
002468.png

I love the first one because of citizens at least trying to find a cure! ^^

Last edited:
I really enjoy #3 and #4. Amazing!

I may or may not have had to flip a coin! xD

Congratulations to @.Shirako. for winning the contest!
And congratulations to the 2nd and 3rd place contestants, @eiserne festung and @Mackan™ !

The hall of fame thread has been updated and @.Shirako. has been rewarded with the Mapping Contest badge and he'll receive 1 year of premium soon as well!

Thanks @eiserne festung! Your entry was my favorite in this competition. Tbh the moment I saw it, I was expecting for my 2nd place streak to continue lol. Again a very nice piece from you.
Also congrats to others for nice entries, especially to @Gilgamach for standing up against 4 titans and coming in here with amazing creativity.

This "fake rain" sprite is used a few times in mine drip when the top floor is leaking water down. In this case, the map was fixed on the ground floor, but if it was underground to make it darker I think it would be even more obscure. In addition, every scenario outside the house of the plague doctor has a dark palette without any lighting. After all, this retains the hopelessness of the place without the possibility of efforts reaching the expected end.

Basically I was in a Kart racing alongside a Ferrari, a Porshe, a Lamborghini and an Audi. Congratulations to everyone who participated and did phenomenal work. Here a little more details of my map. I've been in this for just over a year and I still have a lot to learn.

This looks amazing, may I ask the number of the sprite?

Back