• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] [S2] - November Voting Thread

What submission do you think is the best?

• [#1]

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • [#2]

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • [#3]

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • [#4]

Votes: 28 33.3%
  • [#5]

• [#6]

• [#7]

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • [#8]

• [#9]

• [#10]

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • [#11]

• [#12]

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • [#13]

• [#14]

• [#15]

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaspar

Unprejudiced
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
map banner.png
Welcome back to a new instance of the official OTland Mapping Competitions.

VOTING STAGE: November - "Freestyle"

The entrants shall remain anonymous until the voting stage has concluded.

Remember: The prize for the winner of the competition will receive 3-months free premium on OtLand.

It is worth noting that there is now a league system that is tracking the points of the top 3 from each competition. At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs

Rules:
You MUST NOT vote for yourself
You MUST NOT entice others to vote for your entry
You MUST only vote once. Anyone found using multiple accounts to vote will have all of their votes discounted. If an entrant decides to violate this rule, they will be banned indefinitely from the competitions and have their entry disqualified.
You MUST NOT inform, hint or otherwise let any other members know which entry is yours (until the winner is revealed obviously)
You MUST NOT insult or "flame" anyone, their maps or their comments
If you know who mapped what just by style, do not post saying who it is. You will receive an infraction for doing so.
This last sentence here isn't really a rule, but congratz, you actually read all this. If you comment on the thread, make your text colored green, and I'll know that you've been attentive.

Disqualifications:
-

PLEASE NOTE DUE TO THE LARGE SIZES OF SOME OF THESE IMAGES, YOU MAY NEED TO CLICK THEM TO GET A FULL DETAILED VIEW, AND THANKS TO GHOST, I JUST COPY-PASTED ALL HIS TEXT

<split 3rd PLACE> [#1] @Neon
1.png

[#2] @Znote

2.jpeg

[#3] @Peroxide
3.png

<1st PLACE> [#4] @eiserne festung
4.1.png4.2.png

[#5] @Azol_the_Ace
5.1.png
5.2.png

[#6] @Mackan™

6.1.png6.2.png

<split 3rd PLACE> [#7] @Blackstone
7.1.png
7.2.png

[#8] @Cwiras
8.1.png8.2.png

[#9] @flamearcixt
9.png

[#10] @Andréew
10.1.png10.2.png

[#11] @hucke.ducke
11.png

<2nd PLACE> [#12] @.Shirako.
12.png

[#13] @Pequeno Rei
13.png

[#14] @Gilgamach
14.1.png
14.2.png

[#15] @Berciq
15.1.png15.2.png

Just wow. I am really impressed with the amount of entries this month. Not sure if it's because of the freestyle-theme or not, or perhaps because people got together and decided to enter the competition together. Perhaps it's a combination of both - regardless of what the reason is, I'm glad.

Really amazing entries, all of them. May the best man or woman win.
Let the voting stage of the November competition, BEGIN!

We now have a winner!
Congratulations to @eiserne festung !

Last edited:
I decided to make it so you cannot see what other voted, until the competition is over.
You can change your vote if you want to, anytime during the voting stage (which will be over 1st of December).
Also, be sure to click on the larger images, so the quality gets better.

Good luck to every contestant!

#1, #3, #4 and #10 are amazing. #4 is on another level though, so I went for this entry :)
#12 is well done as well.

Good job, everyone!

Last edited:
Including mine I found that another 3 works were quite incredible. I wanted to show you how other floors of my map looked but we are limited to 2 images for the event. When the voting is over, I show them how they are so that it is not evident what was sent. I must admit that this was the most complete map and the most full of details I have ever made but I liked the result. Good luck to everyone!

4 gets my vote, love the color pallette.

Last edited:
I think we need two votes for every person, cuz there are so many pics.... i wpuld givd a vote to more than one

Very tough competition this round, well done to all who entered, a lot of nice pieces.
Personally I think #4 was my favourite, nice nature and somewhat simple.

#1 Very good, a little square-ish but nice overall, for some reason I imagine this to be on an island like in King Kong. Would have loved to see it in-game with light effects.

#7 Another good piece, love the little river and mountain ravine, something I'm very into when it comes to my mapping :) good job

#10 I liked this, not so much the first picture as I found it a little bit bland in colour palette but the second piece was pretty nice.

#12 This was another good piece and would love to see it in-game with effects, I think that is just what would make this piece stand out.
All is well and good in the map editor but you cannot tell how it turns out in the long run without seeing how it looks in-game as well.

#15 Not much in terms of a great map but I did love the creativity, well done.

Would have loved to have done more out of my piece but I have just started a new job so not a lot of time to mess around in that map editor.
Again, well done all :)

I think # 04, # 01 and # 10 are the best pieces. Obviously I liked mine but I'm sure there are others better than him. I designed mine to be the biggest piece that I have done so far for the competition and in time I will finish what I intended to do in it. I always save photos of the work of other Mappers to gather ideas and do some similar things based on them. I must have more than 2k of photos with the most diverse mapping palettes.

I think I improved a bit in nature since a few months ago but mountains still seem a little complicated. Basically it is by practicing that you improve in whatever it is. I started mapping just over a year ago and I am satisfied with the progress I am making. I'm still far from the great mapping legends like @Peroxide and @Mackan™ but one day I hope to get there.

#4 Well deserved! looking forward who maped that piece!!!

Maby next time I get a chance to be under the top 3!!
Gratz again, was still fun the Contest!

Congratulations to @eiserne festung with the first place! Your piece got a lot of votes, good job!
Congrats to the 2nd place contestant @.Shirako. and the split 3rd place contestants @Neon & @Blackstone !

The hall of fame thread has been updated. Be sure to check it to see the leaderboard for this year. It's not over yet, we have a few potential winners! :)

November's winner @eiserne festung has been rewarded with the Mapping Contest badge, and he'll receive 3 months of premium soon as well!1607186841415.png

Last edited:
Back