• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] [S2] - October Sign Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
Untitled.png

Welcome back to another instance of the infamous OtLand Official Mapping Competitions. I apologise for the slight delay in posting the thread for this month but here it is nonetheless!

Historically, we tend to make use of public holidays within the themes of our competitions. Whilst some love the classic themes, I've decided to make this theme a bit broader in the hopes to openly allow freedom of creativity. This theme was suggested by @Blackstone as a way to keep the theme open but still allow elements of some form of spooky Halloween vibes...

ghost GIF
Halloween Loop GIF by 29thfloor
Dog Halloween GIF
flying el gato volador GIF

In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, some of you have an abundance of time to make something beautiful so I expect nothing less.
Also, a big congratulations to our winner of the September Competition, @Cwiras on his take on a CyberPunk theme.
So without further ado, let's get started:

As always, the winner of an OTLand Official Mapping Contest will receive premium to their OtLand account, however now it is for 3 months opposed to the historic 1 month!

At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs

How do I sign up?

A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified. We have decided that allowing everyone to see who is taking part in the competition might inspire participants to make better pieces.

The poll will be open for the entire duration of the submission phase. Please ensure that you submit your entry within the deadline.

Max ParticipantsUncapped
Submission Deadline Date23:59 BST on 24th October
Images / Submissions Allowed1-2
Type of SubmissionEither Map Editor / In Game Image

How do I submit?

Once you've mapped your entry, please send it to me via PM with the title "OtLand Mapping Competition - October Entry". You can always send me a revision should you wish to change it but please ensure you do this prior to the October deadline.

Please ensure that if your entry image is in game that you use "do not stretch game window" box when taking an in-game image and remove names, identifiers and health bar. If you submit a map editor image, please ensure you're at 100% zoom as to not distort the image.

Light effects vs image size is he trade off here, do as you see fit but if I get sent an extremely large map editor image, I'll kick it back. Be reasonable.

Rules:

• No captions
  • No in-game text
  • NO GIFS or otherwise animated images
  • All submissions must be mapped by the user submitting and the user only
  • No colluding or team mapping allowed
  • No custom sprites allowed – Please ensure you are using the vanilla Tibia.spr in your submissions.
  • Your submission must reflect the theme of the competition. Your interpretation is down to your imagination however, it is expected to have recognisable elements that correspond to the theme
  • If you sign up, you must submit an image otherwise you MAY be banned from competing in the following month’s competition (unless notified prior)
  • You must not discuss your submission with any other user. Please keep it to yourself until the voting stage has concluded, and the results determined.
Any users found to have broken any of the above rules will be disqualified from the contest and will be banned from submitting for the next competition.

If you have any queries or questions, please let me know.

For this competition, up to 2 images are allowed. No Photoshop, animations or effects, no custom sprites. The version in which you can map is however you see fit.

Please ensure to use "do not stretch game window" box when taking an in game image and remove names and health bar.

This month's Theme is: an abandoned habitat

Inspiration:

e1b7a44279fe7f0078636d4d725d6ae3.jpg

ed82b6a224de011bb0598ab398f86a8f.jpg

416f2af034dbe1c651f73373ec9d5aa2.jpg

7d937a80de857a587cd5bd6ba7efd029-700.jpg

Last edited:
That 2nd image is not abandoned tho. It's just London, or maybe Stockholm 🤔
I don't see a single soul living there ;) so as far as I'm concerned, it is. Just giving ideas for inspiration is all :)

Don't forget to sign up! You only have until the 24th to sign up and submit your piece :)

Just 6 participants? :[

Ideally, I'd need all submissions asap but whilst the poll ends at 11am my time, I'm happy to extend this until Sunday. Please make sure you send me your map in time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back