• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTLandDownloads.net? or downloads.otland.net

Apollo

Herban Legend
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm interested in making a downloads site, but, for me to help somebody out at the same time, I am asking all the moderators, administrators, and members, to give me their thoughts on my idea.

My idea is a download site created just for OTLand. Which includes plenty of maps, scripts, binaries, clients, and probably even more. This will be the forum of the site, and, it's going to be the main part.

If you like this idea, please keep reading.

What I will do is the whole thing, adding the downloads, moderating them, and, do as much as I can for the community. I'm now trying to find a template I can use for my site just incase you guys don't take this idea, if you do, I will be using that.

I personally think this is a great idea, and, hope you guys decide to help me out on this. I think this is gunna help plenty of people who are having trouble downloading and finding things on all these open tibia forums.

Please OTLand, even if you don't like my idea at all, please tell me why and post a reason! And if you do, please vote in my poll. As long as Talaturen, and most of the moderators think it's a great idea, i think its going to happen.

Thanks very much OTLand, and have a great day.

Yours Truly,

Xine

I don't see any point of making a download site. Especially not with a different host like "otlanddownloads.net" < lol.

This will be the same thing as the download section...
So I think this is not an good idea

What's the point of making a new download section? This wouldn't do any good for this forum. I believe OTLand still needs more members therefore it would be better if we added stuff to the download section instead of making a new website. Making a new download website would probably distract people from the forum too.

I understand that you're trying to help but I don't think that's the right way.

Thanks.

What's the point of making a new download section? This wouldn't do any good for this forum. I believe OTLand still needs more members therefore it would be better if we added stuff to the download section instead of making a new website. Making a new download website would probably distract people from the forum too.

I understand that you're trying to help but I don't think that's the right way.

Thanks.

No problem, that was one of the best reasons I have heard. Anyways, I understand that you don't think it's needed, there are plenty of other people on this forum.. I hope I can get more people to atleast comment on this thread.

I have some questions;
1. will YOU pay for the domain?
2. do YOU know VALID xhtml 1.0 strict, css and PHP?
3. are YOU going to CREATE the template?
4. will it have somekind of anti leeching system, if yes, explain how that would work?

If your answer is 'yes' on all those questions I like the idea, if not then I won't support it.

I have some questions;
1. will YOU pay for the domain?
2. do YOU know VALID xhtml 1.0 strict, css and PHP?
3. are YOU going to CREATE the template?
4. will it have somekind of anti leeching system, if yes, explain how that would work?

If your answer is 'yes' on all those questions I like the idea, if not then I won't support it.

Haha good points but you said some people have trouble with finding it i have a solution OMG OMG LISTEN, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU WILL HEAR IT, ARE YOU READY??? USE THE FREAKICKING SEARCH button =)

I will ask my brother to buy the domain for me, I will give him the money in real.

I am studying xhtml, css, and php.

I will have a friend creating the template,

Yes it will, you will have to have your OTLand account being validated, with the certain amount of posts.

Sounds good, contact me when you think the website is ready and I'll create an announcement, if you want I can also host it.

1. use downloads.otland.net (a sub domain...)
2. Yes
3. I can get some friends to do it
4. It can be easily added

Lil saint, if you were smart, you would know the difference between OTFANS and OTLAND.

Get it? after OT theres LAND or FANS

i think it would be interesting for a download site, as long as it was official

Back