• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTs these days

What type of server would you prefer?

• Evo

• RPG

• Rl map

Results are only viewable after voting.
so you start in a temple, you have a starting cave and then it leads to some more caves... I think if you had to search for the other caves somewhere else in the city it would be better, cus then they would actually go outside temple :p
Yeah yeah my bad I did not make it clear, yeah not all at temple temple is just for new starters and then you have to look else like a quest while doing the quest you go far away in a cave to the quest and hunt bla bla lol

The cool thing about how tibia did their map, is you could find "hidden" spawns, quests, and other things all over the map.
The cave leading to the level 20 Desert Quest has some pretty dangerous areas (and even traps) in it. But the level 20 quest itself is easy if you know the way. People STILL die doing the Desert Quest because they go down that hole with the Orc Berserkers by mistake.

Your way, its basically an Evo Server without the teleports to spawns that say "This spawn is for level 8-15. This spawn is for 15-30. etc. Which to me, is boring. It means you'll never run into a hard monster, or unexpected encounter unless it was on purpose. Which is bad game-design for an open-world MMORPG/"
True, Can't you like in rookgaurd make for example a hunting place but then you have to face orc shaman or something like that it just an idea

so should I make like hidden events as well? Like a team vs team event that starts automatically, and then to gain passage to the event room you have to get the key from x monster for example? Or should an RPG have no events?

Mookvu was a pretty decent server. I did have some fun on there but the server could of used a lot of work.
I thought that MadMook was the owner and you were just the hoster?

Mookvu was a pretty decent server. I did have some fun on there but the server could of used a lot of work.
I thought that MadMook was the owner and you were just the hoster?
Yes, I was only the hoster :p, I also helped him with scripts when I had time

Back