• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ [OTServ BR-Global] Modify Skill Rate

Pavinski

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know how to modify the skill rate in OTServBR Global?

I know for experience there is a stages.lua file where you can set the multipliers instead of setting it from config.lua. Is there something similar for Skills?

All I found was vocations.xml that has the rate for each skill for each vocation. Also, in the config.lua there is a variable called "rateSkill" which I'm assuming is another general multiplier. Is the common practice to modify the rateSkill value if you want to increase the rate? Is there a stages file for skills to match the experience stages file or do i need to create it?

Any help will be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Solution
What I know, just edit the line in Config.lua
What It does, for example a Knight, Paladin uses swords, axes, clubs & distance. This will be those skills.
The "rateMagic" = for the magic lvl which is used for all 4 vocations.
Ofc a Mage can use Sword for many reasons but I see no reason to change the whole system to calculate each vocations skill rate.
Lua:
experienceStages = true
rateExp = 1
rateSkill = 20 <-- Edit this Line
rateLoot = 2.5
rateMagic = 8
rateSpawn = 1
What It does, for example a Knight, Paladin uses swords, axes, clubs & distance. This will be those skills.
Ofc a Mage can use Sword for many reasons but I see no reason to change the whole system to calculate each vocations skill rate.
Lua:
experienceStages = true
rateExp = 1
rateSkill = 20 <-- Edit this Line
rateLoot = 2.5
rateMagic = 8
rateSpawn = 1

Solution
Thank you both for the replies!

yes, just change your ongainskilltries to this one and you will have skill rates (script found somewhere here)

With this code I would create a new file with the config table as well as the function getSkillRate and then modify OnGainSkillTries in player.lua?

Any thoughts on following the same method as exp stages?

I think you are right and we don't necessarily need to change each skill for each vocation. I think I will merge your ideas and create a table that changes the rateSkill and rateMagic depending on the level so it matches the experience stages. Meaning that the first stage of exp levels (8-20 for example) the skills and magic rate will be higher than later on. Any thoughts on if this is a good idea?

Also, does the rateLoot and rateSpawn change the rate you get loot and the rate creatures spawn? (seems obvious but want to double check). Does this mean that if i want like a rapid spawn week or something like that I would just change rateSpawn to double the rate?

Last edited:
Thank you both for the replies!

With this code I would create a new file with the config table as well as the function getSkillRate and then modify OnGainSkillTries in player.lua?

Any thoughts on following the same method as exp stages?

I think you are right and we don't necessarily need to change each skill for each vocation. I think I will merge your ideas and create a table that changes the rateSkill and rateMagic depending on the level so it matches the experience stages. Meaning that the first stage of exp levels (8-20 for example) the skills and magic rate will be higher than later on. Any thoughts on if this is a good idea?

Also, does the rateLoot and rateSpawn change the rate you get loot and the rate creatures spawn? (seems obvious but want to double check). Does this mean that if i want like a rapid spawn week or something like that I would just change rateSpawn to double the rate?
In My eyes that'll just destroy the playstyle, a Mage's damage = mlvl. The higher Mlvl = the better dmg, If you we're to damage the calculation than It would be hard to get enough damage to even do anything at all. Even the healing will be bad for Paladin, mages. exura ico for knights.
And yes, If you want to use double spawn rate than just change spawn rate to 2 Instead of 1 and It'll spawn double. This will not be announced automatic tho.

In My eyes that'll just destroy the playstyle, a Mage's damage = mlvl. The higher Mlvl = the better dmg, If you we're to damage the calculation than It would be hard to get enough damage to even do anything at all. Even the healing will be bad for Paladin, mages. exura ico for knights.
And yes, If you want to use double spawn rate than just change spawn rate to 2 Instead of 1 and It'll spawn double. This will not be announced automatic tho.

I agree with you. I will leave it as a static value regardless of level.

My last question is regarding the actual number for rateExp and rateMagic. I just want to confirm that the higher the number the longer it takes to level up that skill. Meaning that rateMagic = 8 will make it easier to level up magic level than for example rateMagic = 20. I was looking at the code and it seems like this rate increases the number of tries which is what determines when you level up that skill. Did i understand that correctly?

Thank you!

I agree with you. I will leave it as a static value regardless of level.

My last question is regarding the actual number for rateExp and rateMagic. I just want to confirm that the higher the number the longer it takes to level up that skill. Meaning that rateMagic = 8 will make it easier to level up magic level than for example rateMagic = 20. I was looking at the code and it seems like this rate increases the number of tries which is what determines when you level up that skill. Did i understand that correctly?

Thank you!
If the normal rate Is 1 for RL tibia and you put value 8, than that means that it's 8 times as fast than RL tibia.
20 Is 12 times faster than 8 which means that 20 will be extreamly fast to gain magiclevel.
I use 7 on My OTS which I think Is good, than a custom exp with a skill rate of 18

If the normal rate Is 1 for RL tibia and you put value 8, than that means that it's 8 times as fast than RL tibia.
20 Is 12 times faster than 8 which means that 20 will be extreamly fast to gain magiclevel.
I use 7 on My OTS which I think Is good, than a custom exp with a skill rate of 18

Oh I see, I got confused with the calculation. I see now that the skill rate multiplies the number of tries when it's fed to the counter. So 1 try with skill rate of 8 for example is actually 8 tries.

Thank you so much for the help!!

Back