• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer OtservBR crashes

Terminology

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for a c++ programmer that can help me to figure out some crashes on otserv-br, I have logs. Thanks.

Discord: Terminology#4675

This is faster, I feel like not a lot of attention is put in there and if a fix is found then it's kept for themselves.

This is faster, I feel like not a lot of attention is put in there and if a fix is found then it's kept for themselves.
It makes no sense, why would a non profit, free, open source project keep fixes to themselves? Instead you prefer contribute to leeshers that spot issues and never contribute to community paying them. Sounds smart. 😅

My fault I got money to pay for people to do a job, and looking for them in the JOBS section. xD

Well, it's not faster because you actually need to write a mural (like you did), you need to wait people contact you, you'll ask for their credentials and past works. They will investigate logs, study the project and most likely they will ask for our support (yes, me and skulls who you just ironically tried to be ironic with).
In the end, the person you hire are going to do exactly what I'm suggesting you to do, not because they can't find the issues by themselves but because it's a lot easier to ask the maintainers who are familiar with the code already instead of checking gdb logs, figuring out where it's crashing and trying to understand if it's a colateral synthom of another major problem or just an untreated case that was not identified in the unit testing phase (highly unlikely at this stage of development where the server is constantly being used, someone else would have complained already).

I'm only taking me time to tell you this because this kinda of attitude demotivate developers of the projects. You can pay for it now, but what if every developer gets demotivated by the community toxicity? Can you afford to pay for all jobs and bug fixes we have been doing for free in the last 12 years? I highly doubt so.

Well, it's not faster because you actually need to write a mural (like you did), you need to wait people contact you, you'll ask for their credentials and past works. They will investigate logs, study the project and most likely they will ask for our support (yes, me and skulls who you just ironically tried to be ironic with).
In the end, the person you hire are going to do exactly what I'm suggesting you to do, not because they can't find the issues by themselves but because it's a lot easier to ask the maintainers who are familiar with the code already instead of checking gdb logs, figuring out where it's crashing and trying to understand if it's a colateral synthom of another major problem or just an untreated case that was not identified in the unit testing phase (highly unlikely at this stage of development where the server is constantly being used, someone else would have complained already).

I'm only taking me time to tell you this because this kinda of attitude demotivate developers of the projects. You can pay for it now, but what if every developer gets demotivated by the community toxicity? Can you afford to pay for all jobs and bug fixes we have been doing for free in the last 12 years? I highly doubt so.
Ok

Also if we do some code refactor you will need to pay to another developer to port the changes, in place you could join with others that also wants to solve some crash, and open a 'bountysource' retribution for who solves the crash, it is a 'win win' case!

Back