• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTservers are dying faster & faster.

Nothing is really dying. If you put some work to your server you will get better results than those "download and run" servers.
There are two kinds of players:
- first group is here for pvp - you may attract them for a short time till one team wins - this is why these real maps are returning.
- second group is here for fun(both are, but pvp is not priority here) - to attract them you have to assume that all of them are grumpy and will stay only if your ot looks good at first look and after one hour of playing. If you agree with this thread you may consider yourself as a member of this group.

As I wrote - nothing is dying. You can't stop real maps, but you may make a good server with your own rules(this is probably what you wanted to do at first and found otland this way).

I hosted a 7.6 when 8.0 was comingout. I used an evo that i edited until i created a custom map. It was a sand town and all spawns were tps lol. Still maxed out at 60 players and it wasnt online at night time! Lol people logged in at 7 as soon as i got up in the am. It was fun.
I always used this forum for its resources, but always in my own way. I found a crappy arena script in a data pack and removed the storages so players can do it repeatedly. Summ has offered some assistance but im still lost. Im determined tho. Ive fixed several scripts without help. I think there should be a tutorial on getting your servers function list or include a txt file in each distro so ppl can repair sctipts themselves.
Good idea on use of google btw xD

I will be vigilent in learning so i can offer more than creatures :p

Nothing is really dying. If you put some work to your server you will get better results than those "download and run" servers.
There are two kinds of players:
- first group is here for pvp - you may attract them for a short time till one team wins - this is why these real maps are returning.
- second group is here for fun(both are, but pvp is not priority here) - to attract them you have to assume that all of them are grumpy and will stay only if your ot looks good at first look and after one hour of playing. If you agree with this thread you may consider yourself as a member of this group.

As I wrote - nothing is dying. You can't stop real maps, but you may make a good server with your own rules(this is probably what you wanted to do at first and found otland this way).
nothing is dying? lets make a comparision, 3 years ago we had lots of OTserv communities from different countries and all of them where active, for example, OTFans, OTFusion, OTserv.es, etc...
also you can see a huge difference in players in the Otservlist, I remember for example before in otservlist there werw more OTs and from every country, a good example is the Spain section, 3 years ago there were 3 to 4 pages everyday in the Otservlist from Spanish Ots, now you go to that section and there is only half a page and 5 ots. LOL. and the same with lots of other countries, for example germany, Us, etc the only that still survive well are pl and br ots but that will never die...

It's stable community. Everyone who thought of maintaining ot on his pc or make dl&run serv successful is gone, but those, who decided to learn on failures are still here. Alone wolves... It's time of rpg servers, just few more months and you'll see.

none of you guys understand that tibia is just to old and the updates lately have been really bad. People grow up and stop playing this and the younger generation play league of legends or something else

Thats probably true chrille.
Open Tibia should also be about custom ideas, hoping too see more of that soon with better quality of players.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Thats probably true chrille.
Open Tibia should also be about custom ideas, hoping too see more of that soon with better quality of players.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.
Otservers made it until now thanks to creative people, for example Poketibia was the best thing that ever happened to otservers because it completly raised the amount of people interested in ots, since it attracted pokemon fans who didnt know nothing about otservers, so we got new developers and new players.

none of you guys understand that tibia is just to old and the updates lately have been really bad. People grow up and stop playing this and the younger generation play league of legends or something else
yep thats true, cipsoft with its retarded updates have a lot to do with this decreae of people in the tibia community and otserv community.
probably the otserver should have branched away from tibia long time ago, because ots development is dependent on tibia's development a new update in tibia means a new update in otservs in general, if we would have lead ots to an other direction by making major updatea independent from tibias updates, the otcommunity would be way more different, it would probably be way more bigger or dead. you never know.

Its waht I've always said and I will absolutely do my part to help it grow again and get more custom.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Its waht I've always said and I will absolutely do my part to help it grow again and get more custom.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Can't wait to see this, maybe then I'll start with OTS again. I loved your Eldinsworld RPG OTS back then :D

Most of the ppl I know would play Oldschool servers "7.6" again if there was an OT like 3 years ago with many players. In my opinion 7.6 OTS can also be successful if someone has the right idea...

Back