• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTserver's Bandwidth

JulianoSMM

Like an Angel
Reaction score
Hello guys!

I'm looking for some company to buy a dedicated server to host my otserv. Now, I'm hosting him in a lan-house. So, the fact is: I would like to know, if there is the possibilite to know HOW MUCH BANDWIDTH a otserv spend in a month. I know that it is a little hard to know but... We have to know how much "a player" spend, then do the calc? :confused: A friend of mine, tell me that if I buy a dedicated server with 3000GB of monthly bandwidth I can offer 100 slots in my otserver... Someone can help me?

Thank you guys :p

Actually i checked the bandwidth of a single player, a while ago, and i came to the conclusion that every player uses between 0.5 - 1.0 KB/s depending on what they do, and what server information they recieve.

But i would suggest you go by the figure that every player uses 2KB/s traffic, thus you wouldnt have any problems with bandwidth running out and such.

Actually i checked the bandwidth of a single player, a while ago, and i came to the conclusion that every player uses between 0.5 - 1.0 KB/s depending on what they do, and what server information they recieve.

But i would suggest you go by the figure that every player uses 2KB/s traffic, thus you wouldnt have any problems with bandwidth running out and such.
Each player use 8 kb(=1KB) per second. Also, think about if you will use a website or not, because it can spend a good part of your bandwidth.

Yeah, But I'll host the website in other server... So, Do you guys, think that a server with 3000GB MONTHLY TRAFFIC, can support 150 players?

From my calculations, a server with 150 players all using 1KB/s, where every player plays an average of 6 hours a day, the total monthly BW usage lands on 92.6 GB.

So yeah, 3000GB monthly bandwidth should be more than enough to support a 150 player server. :)

Yeah, But I'll host the website in other server... So, Do you guys, think that a server with 3000GB MONTHLY TRAFFIC, can support 150 players?
3000GB Monthly = 100GB Daily.
1player each sec = 8kb
1player in one day 24/7 = 675mb

So.. 100GB * 1024 = 102400 mb daily -> 102400 / 675 = 151

With 3000GB Bandwith you can handle 151 players if they would be playing 24/7.

Back