• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTSMyAdmin - Looking for ideas

Continue or naa?

• y

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • n

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Raggaer

Godly Member
Solutions
Reaction score
I recently started working on a database client for open tibia servers, my main idea was to provide some basic database admin tools (like view, edit, create) while providing statistics about different interesting stuff...

However I cant really think about interesting stuff that should be recorded/displayed as graph data from a server database. So I am here looking for ideas of what you guys think would be interesting to add for such tool?

DKdhbER.png

8Gizc4t.png

1G6n60I.png

It will be some sort of phpmyadmin but with metrics about your server. I plan on making some basic database administration tools, but it wont be a total replacement for things like phpmyadmin/mysql workbench, it would be a way to get interesting data about your server.

Thanks

How is the security?

I got two ideas for security:
  1. 2FA security access.
  2. Multiple security levels (for example, a Gamemaster monitores something, but not be able to access accounts Table).

How is the security?

I got two ideas for security:
  1. 2FA security access.
  2. Multiple security levels (for example, a Gamemaster monitores something, but not be able to access accounts Table).
Currently its just a login form, like phpmyadmin. I like your ideas about security tho so I will work on both of them

heyyy, I like it a lot, its OS or something?
Its like phpmyadmin, a web interface you would run on your server (or anywhere really)

hello! nice project
was always on my mind otservers lack of analytics.
i know that currently a full featured analytic platform is not possible but your project is a really good start

but what do i expect in a full featured system?
metrics for game content like: quests and dungeons,wealth, items, players relationship, pking, wars
how many new accounts stay on server, players online time, total active players, donors, active vs donor and much more

hello! nice project
was always on my mind otservers lack of analytics.
i know that currently a full featured analytic platform is not possible but your project is a really good start

but what do i expect in a full featured system?
metrics for game content like: quests and dungeons,wealth, items, players relationship, pking, wars
how many new accounts stay on server, players online time, total active players, donors, active vs donor and much more

I think its hard to retrieve all that information without adding a lot of stuff into the server, so it gets out of scope of my idea. Basically I cant think of anything useful regarding metric data, so I think I would focus this tool more into just database administration (something like phpmyadmin) but with nice tools for open tibia servers (I have no clue about the tools tho)

What about some basic SQL queries?
Reset players items
Reset houses
Full reset (Wipe all items/characters)
Return past donation points after a reset, etc~

I think its hard to retrieve all that information without adding a lot of stuff into the server, so it gets out of scope of my idea. Basically I cant think of anything useful regarding metric data, so I think I would focus this tool more into just database administration (something like phpmyadmin) but with nice tools for open tibia servers (I have no clue about the tools tho)

yea just like i said, currently, those kind of things are not possible because there are a lot a stuff to be put into c++ & lua

but you surprise me saying that you cant see its usefulness
ok that its more useful to custom servers but still...

After working more on this I cant really think of stuff to add apart from some basic queries and in the end this would look like a worst version of phpmyadmin I think

You could make it modular / add a "add custom graph" functionality so people can make their own graphs depending on their data and interest.
If you open your system up like this, making it modular, you could also add more standard functionality like banning or deleting accs or players based on standard criteria (which can be changed/customized by the user) and whatever else you want to add, for example add/remove house owner, clean player depot, inspect player depot, ++, making it easier for admins that doesn't know SQL to do stuff if that's part of the package.

What about some basic SQL queries?
Reset players items
Reset houses
Full reset (Wipe all items/characters)
Return past donation points after a reset, etc~

-If something happends, maybe a 5/10/24 hour drawback button.
-Reset player levels, without deleting any toons, you just pull them back to starting level and reset them completely.

Statistics showing which player/accounts buys pacc scrolls / other items from premium shop would be great.

almost all that stuff is custom, not really db related so I do not think it would be ok to add that, also there is not much stuff to do, like custom queries to add anything to any player/account (as you said, just a nice looking phpmyadmin)

You can now create custom table views, this can be handy for server owners, when you have custom tables and want to view/edit/delete them on a custom way (instead of viewing the table manually)

Code:
[
    {
        "name": "guild_owners",       
        "view": "SELECT b.id, a.name AS owner, b.name FROM players a, guilds b WHERE b.ownerid = a.id",
        "delete": "DELETE FROM guilds WHERE name = :name AND ownerid IN (SELECT id FROM (SELECT id FROM players WHERE name = :owner) x)",
        "update": "UPDATE guilds SET name = :name WHERE id = :id"
    }
]

All custom tables are defined on JSON tables, you can define a view, delete, upadte query. This example shows a custom guild_owners table (where you can view guilds name and owner name)

qHxkhob.png

This example is very basic, but I am sure this can be handy for more complex stuff :rolleyes:

Back