• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTUI editor - worth making?

oen432

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Oen44
Hey guys,

I've been thinking if it's worth making tool, some kind of an editor for easy OTUI creation. It would show results as seen in Tibia but without reloading module to see every change. Saving project will generate proper .otui file.

What do you think? Should I start working on it? It would be open source, available at my GitHub.

Last edited:
yep, you could. Tell us which language/programme you will choose.

yep, you could. Tell us which language/programme you will choose.
Probably C++ so people won't have to learn new one as it is used in most things related to Tibia and it will allow to use it on Windows and Linux OS.

EdMignari did something like that a few years ago but never published.

You think about something like that?

EdMignari did something like that a few years ago but never published.

You think about something like that?
Exactly :)

#Edit
I've been thinking if using Electron to create this app wouldn't be better choice rather than in C++ from scratch. It would be easier to develop and will be crossplatform (Windows, Linux, Mac).
Electron allows to create software using HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript. It's Chromium Browser extended to allow system integration like working on local files.

Last edited:
Back