• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Otvote.net [Suggestions/Bugs/Features]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thuggeh

Reaction score
I made this a couple months back, and I tried to post it here on OTLand with my thread getting shut down and my signature being erased. So I assumed it was illegal to do so. But now, I see other sites such as mine listed here.

This is a development thread as I would love to add new features to this. I know it lacks many, which I will work on. I just want to know if this kind of list idea is actually liked. Found here: otvote.net - Open Tibia Server Top List

This list is different then the other ones in one very unique way.

It is a vote list, where you send your players to vote for you. Votes will be reset at the end of each month for a fresh new start - a chance at beginning servers to get to the top!

I thought it was a good idea when I was building it.

If you'd like to make any suggestions about changes/features, please do so! I would love for this list to actually be used.

(One person has complained about the vote reset each month, and I would like to hear feedback on this. I could just as easily take it away but then that ruins the whole point in my list. Giving new servers a chance at the top.)

Last edited:
I know someone has to be interested in the development of this.. =/

well actually there was already a site around like this with the same name "OTvote"

OTserv News - Your one source for all things OT related
OTserv News - Your one source for all things OT related

they use to have a sub forum over there also but it seems to be missing now. i personally like the idea but it appears to have never taken off. otvote at otfans is managed by tliff from obviously otfans. if im correct it originally opened in 2008 but then shutdown for a while but its been back for over a year now and is hosted at OTServ Server Vote.

id say your best plan would be to combine with vapus. there are already to many server list sites.

ur site is boring and plain. that isnt necessarily bad but make it look nice hide the table boarders.the list of servers isnt centered in my web browser when it loads.

and here i found the subforum OpenTibia Fans > Archived Forums > OTVote

Also the new Vapus list will get an option like this.

It just saddens me, because yes, there are many lists available, but not like this one. I think the idea of voting for your favorite OT rather than it getting an assigned score is amazing.

The layout is rather simple - but that's how I wanted it to be in the beginning. I didn't realize this would hinder people from using it. It's easy to read and navigate, that was my main scope.

Ah well. =/

I like your website , I've been using it for like month or so and advertising it to other people I know , since I haven't found any other like this recently [my server on there is Necronia , almost at the top of list >.<]

Keep it up , also , I'm not saying that simple layout is shit , but you could at least have some big logo or something unique idk... ^^

I will remind you, that votes reset at the beginning of each month. Is this bad?

Also, I will revamp the whole layout soon enough due to so much requesting ^^

Just made it fully web standards compliant and possibly fixed all of the layout bugs.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

No offense but I do not like otservlist anymore. I believe servers should be allowed no-logout trainers, it's the abusive ones I disagree with. Therefore I decided to finish this project.

Just made it fully web standards compliant and possibly fixed all of the layout bugs.

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

No offense but I do not like otservlist anymore. I believe servers should be allowed no-logout trainers, it's the abusive ones I disagree with. Therefore I decided to finish this project.

otserv 2 days ago, delete 20 servers with 200+ players, i think he dont enter for see it... i got one with 200 players more, but i got 40 spots of trainers, i think otservlist.org will be down ^^

Changed some more with the layout. Is this a dead-end list? I think it's quite handy. =)

Changed some more with the layout. Is this a dead-end list? I think it's quite handy. =)
i like the idea but think its gonna be a dead-end list... try to advertise.

fallnheros has 203 votes. with a max of 73 players online. i think its cheating

Well, each player can vote every 12 hours. It's very possible to rise to the top if you put some dedicated into it. This list, work = top.

Lol, you have your one OT List, thought you use otservlist signature :)

PS: The design sucks

the script 100% nice
the template 0% nice.

I use otservlist because my list isn't popular. I just think voting is a more fair way of doing things.

Why does the design matter so much? o.o

First Thuggeh great job with this. Nice to see ppl trying to help the tibia community with something like this.
I think the layout is fine at least it has some color to it.
One thing I would suggest would be a overall total votes.
This way ppl can see how consistent the server is or at least its players.

Like.
In votes. In votes total
33///////465
33 votes being for the 2 months 465 votes for all the time its been on your list. The every 2 months would be reset but the overall time votes would remain to keep adding up.
Just a idea.
Thanks Thuggeh.

Thanks Toast. I think the layout is decent as well. The rest of the lists are boring, like you say, at least this one has some color.

I think I will take you up on your suggestion for overall votes. It's a great idea, a perfect solution for the problem I kept hearing "I worked so hard for my votes and they disappear??!"..

Thanks! Keep using it and promote it on your server, can't go wrong ;)

Im new to owning a server. I do like this idea but losing all the votes every 2 months seems like a waste to me. I think if the votes didnt get reset or were saved some how more ppl would add there server to your list. I love the layout myself looks kool.
Maybe try adding some new options. maybe a featured server each month.
Good luck Ill check back to see if your updating this and If you are Ill add my server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back