• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTX 7.7 - Delay on walk

chauffaille

Reaction score
Hello,
I have an OTX2 7.7 server, I have a problem that when the player is walking and changes direction, the player walks 1 sqm, there is a delay, and he continues walking continuously (without delay) if I change direction, the player walks 1 sqm, a delay occurs, and it continues walking continuously. when I set the keyboard 'repeat delay' as 'short', this delay does not occur, however, I noticed that on some servers, even with the keyboard 'repeat delay' as 'long', this delay when the player walks does not occur. I tried to make some changes to creatures.cpp and players.cpp, but I couldn't get the delay out. does anyone know how to take this delay?

I noticed that on some servers, even with the keyboard 'repeat delay' as 'long', this delay when the player walks does not occur.

It is most likely because their client forces short delay regardless of your keyboard settings. The issue is purely dependant on keyboard delays, not on the server's side.

thanks for reply kay, but the problem is not the keyboard repeat delay, on some servers, even with the highest keyboard repeat delay, this delay does not happen when walking with char.

Like I told you, they must have made their client use short delays regardless of system keyboard settings. Isn't such option available in OTC by default?
Where and how do I change this? Do you mean in the tibia.exe custom client or in the server itself?

Where and how do I change this? Do you mean in the tibia.exe custom client or in the server itself?
otx is outdated and in fact that specific version (7.72) is not longer being developed or supported, just drop it and change to something like othire , tfs 1.2, nostalrius or even nekiros 1.3 7.72 downgraded version

otx is outdated and in fact that specific version (7.72) is not longer being developed or supported, just drop it and change to something like othire , tfs 1.2, nostalrius or even nekiros 1.3 7.72 downgraded version
Yeah I didnt mean for 7.72 specifically, but im having this same issue on my 8.6 client.

It depends on one's keyboard settings. Setting repeat delay to the shortest, and repeat frequency to the highest, you fix the issue for yourself. If you want to fix it for everyone, you'd have to make it in the client you provide to your players. Make it ignore those system settings and use its own. I think in otclient there's such option by default, but not sure, as I don't use it.

It depends on one's keyboard settings. Setting repeat delay to the shortest, and repeat frequency to the highest, you fix the issue for yourself. If you want to fix it for everyone, you'd have to make it in the client you provide to your players. Make it ignore those system settings and use its own. I think in otclient there's such option by default, but not sure, as I don't use it.
Yeah I changed client and its currently working way better! :)

Back