• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows OVH HOST

mustafa977

Banned User
Reaction score
Hello guys, anyone used OVH as a hosting? I will try it out today if they answer me, but im wondering if someone used it before and know how to, can you help me then? Its the first time I use a vps/decited server for my tibia server, and btw will the port be open? 3306 80 7171 and 7172. If yiu help me i can pay you a small ammount :)

Why linux? I have no experince at linux and im hosting at my computer and using windows, can i change to linux easily?
Yes all you have to do is compile for linux. And the reason you should use Linux is because it's cheaper because the Linux os'es is free, but on Windows they cost and Linux have way less memory usage.

Yes all you have to do is compile for linux. And the reason you should use Linux is because it's cheaper because the Linux os'es is free, but on Windows they cost and Linux have way less memory usage.
Have you used OVH? or linux what ever, can u help me with it? to fix it to linux

I haven't used OVH. But I have used Linux but not for ots. So I don't know alot how to setup a mysql server nor a webserver.

@HalfAway know alot of this stuff.
I will try to find other host than OVh cuz they havnt answered me since 2 days ago, anyone know a good host? I have 30 euro to pay. A host that have open ports for tibia and 80 and 3306

Go with OVH or Netcup. You could also go with @Don Daniello ots hosting
Thanks, one more question before i order a vps with 24gb ram from Netcup, do i get access directly or do i have to wait some days? I rly need that host today, just lanuched my ot and hitted 85 players yesterday then my TFS crashed but i promised my players to fix it today!

But i got xampp website, how do i fix that, btw i just bought a vps from netcut and paid, now how do i get access and how do i start my server on the VPS i just bought, Thanks!!

Oh god now i just wasted 30 euro on this shitty netcup that DONT EVEN EXPLAIN HOW TO CONNECT!!
Sometimes people question why my hosting is so "expensive". Well, maybe it's not the cheapest but you can get it running automatically in 15 minutes and we explain how to connect.
@mustafa977 Would you like a free testing server to try?

If you, Sir, don't even bother looking up how to SSH into a server let alone use a remote desktop Connection you should not be hosting a server at all. Netcup is not shitty. Your attitude and moral is. In fact they provide great resources for an awesome price.
I have not read your pm and don't think I will bother. Just a quick hint though as I am pretty sure you would not have noticed this yourself: Usually netcup servers are not provisioned automatically if you are a new customer. They first require you to proove your identity to them (copy/pdf of drivers license). Once confirmed your future services will be setup vers promptly.

Last edited:
If you, Sir, don't even have bother looking up how to SSH into a server let alone use a remote desktop Connection you should not be hosting a server at all. Netcup is not shitty. Your attitude and moral is. In fact they provide great resources for an awesome price.
I have not read your pm and don't think I will bother. Just a quick hint though as I am pretty sure you would not have noticed this yourself: Usually netcup servers are not provisioned automatically if you are a new customer. They first require you to proove your identity to them (copy/pdf of drivers license). Once confirmed your future services will be setup vers promptly.
/= People want everything hand delivered.

Back