• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Paid] Looking for assistance in setting up an OT Server!

Terron S

Reaction score
The title says most of it. Ive followed a couple guides in getting a OT started and I feel I am missing a few steps and or, def doing something wrong.

So what I am looking for is help what programs I need, what server I should be using for what client/ scripting I would like to have done. and a starter map that I can build on and assistance with the port forwarding/finding host etc..

Add me on Discord at Sology#4755 (fastest) or PM here on OTLand. Thanks I hope!

I'll write a quick pm since i was at your spot not to long ago.

Here in Otland most of the time you will have to find and google your way through for a couple of hours to get anything worth of.

Link 1: From Windows 10 to OTS development machine for dummies (https://otland.net/threads/from-windows-10-to-ots-development-machine-for-dummies.268631/)
Link 2: From Windows 10 to OTS development machine for dummies - part 2 (https://otland.net/threads/from-windows-10-to-ots-development-machine-for-dummies-part-2.268632/).

PS. Steps above may be bit old so if u get stuck google your question EG: Otland Git bash issues or whatever, many before u have had similar issues.

What clients and maps to use is entierly up to you but running a latest TFS like 1.4 or 1.5 i think is the most stable options if u dont have good knowledge of the older distros (older server like 7.x.

I belive latest TFS cover 8.x+ up to like 11.x? Do some reading for more accurate info. There is plenty of maps to "leech" from download page, check what you need and copy paste to your own map. RME map editor is for mapping etc. Read instructions on that Program if u dont know it.

Port forwarding there is like a million guides, google port forwarding and the name of your modem/router and test your way.

I think trying and succeding on your own and learning is better then paying someone to do it for u without learning a thing or two.

You will need to learn how to read lua coding to be able to run any kind of server. Atleast if u gonna open up for other players.

Anyways good luck :)

I'll write a quick pm since i was at your spot not to long ago.

Here in Otland most of the time you will have to find and google your way through for a couple of hours to get anything worth of.

Link 1: From Windows 10 to OTS development machine for dummies (https://otland.net/threads/from-windows-10-to-ots-development-machine-for-dummies.268631/)
Link 2: From Windows 10 to OTS development machine for dummies - part 2 (https://otland.net/threads/from-windows-10-to-ots-development-machine-for-dummies-part-2.268632/).

PS. Steps above may be bit old so if u get stuck google your question EG: Otland Git bash issues or whatever, many before u have had similar issues.

What clients and maps to use is entierly up to you but running a latest TFS like 1.4 or 1.5 i think is the most stable options if u dont have good knowledge of the older distros (older server like 7.x.

I belive latest TFS cover 8.x+ up to like 11.x? Do some reading for more accurate info. There is plenty of maps to "leech" from download page, check what you need and copy paste to your own map. RME map editor is for mapping etc. Read instructions on that Program if u dont know it.

Port forwarding there is like a million guides, google port forwarding and the name of your modem/router and test your way.

I think trying and succeding on your own and learning is better then paying someone to do it for u without learning a thing or two.

You will need to learn how to read lua coding to be able to run any kind of server. Atleast if u gonna open up for other players.

Anyways good luck :)
Got it fixed and handled! Thanks!

Back