• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

pandaac — finding a possible suitor?

Chris

Inactive
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
Update 23rd of August, 2016:
No one has expressed any interest in taking over the project so I am hereby classing the project as abandoned. The repositories will remain for the foreseeable future in case anyone finds this intriguing. Please create an issue on the GitHub repository if that is the case.

Thank you!

Over the years, there's been numerous attempts at creating what we refer to as automatic account creators (AAC) by so many different people – and I'm no exception. I've tried several times, and failed most times. Not because I don't know how to do it, but because I'm a perfectionist. Back in the days, when AAC's were first released, they were nothing more than a single page where you could create your account and its only character. But today, it's a lot different, it's now a major project that requires what major projects require — motivation, dedication and effort.

Although I did not make it out as a secret, I never really publicly announced the fact that I started working on another version of my AAC (besides a small signature link & answering whatever questions arouse around it). Until now, that is. I've been interested in web development for as long as I can remember, and I've been around Open Tibia since it first came about on WoT (tibia.de). With this in mind, developing an AAC has been a smaller goal/dream of mine for the longest time and although I haven't had any interest in anything related to Tibia for the longest time, I still find myself here all these years later. However, recently, my main obstacle isn't me being a perfectionist, but rather the lack of motivation, the lack of dedication and the lack of effort.

Thus, here I am, creating this thread... I would like to enquiry as to whether there's any interest from some of you to take over the development of the project. If not, I'll probably just abandon the project all together, which would be a shame in my eyes. A lot of love has been put into it.

If you are interested, or know of anyone that might be interested, the AAC is developed using PHP, based upon Laravel 5.2 but is entirely package based. So it could in theory be migrated over to the framework of your choice. It heavily relies on contracts & dependency injection rather than facades. My goal was always to please developers, server owners and visitors alike. The only layout available at this moment, is that of the official Tibia layout, but rewritten entirely from scratch to mimic it as closely as possible.

You may find an example of what currently exists, and how it looks like over on our demo page.

For more insight into the project, do head over to its GitHub page.

Thank you for reading through all of that!

Last edited:
just think about the first time you got pk'd on tibia.....

it should spark a memory and you should immediately want to murder said pk'er.
there's your motivation. you're welcome.

However, recently, my main obstacle isn't me being a perfectionist, but rather the lack of motivation, the lack of dedication and the lack of effort.

I think you mean "The lack of pokemon in my pokedex on pokemmo

I actually would love too, but I have no experience at all

Thanks for the support, but it's looking very likely the project will die out. Haven't had any substantial interest yet. I will keep the files hosted on GitHub and if someone comes along in a month, a year or whatever, I'd be happy to grant them access to it. If not, so be it. Luckily, there are numerous other AAC's to utilise! ;-)

In fact, I would urge everyone to show @Raggaer some love with Cloaka.

Thanks for the support, but it's looking very likely the project will die out. Haven't had any substantial interest yet. I will keep the files hosted on GitHub and if someone comes along in a month, a year or whatever, I'd be happy to grant them access to it. If not, so be it. Luckily, there are numerous other AAC's to utilise! ;-)

In fact, I would urge everyone to show @Raggaer some love with Cloaka.
Would be great if this found a good successor :)

I really hope someone completes this project, it has the best name and I strongly believe that it has been developed professionally.

I really hope someone completes this project, it has the best name and I strongly believe that it has been developed professionally.
You are the born successor! Go for it mate :D

Back