• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

pandaac | TFS 1.0 and Avesta | Best released AAC

Did everything in the given links & followed the instructions, still no success, everything is enabled, messaged you my Skype maybe you can help me :)

Code:
Could not find package root/pandaac with stability dev.

:'(
You need to type:
Code:
composer create-project pandaac/pandaac . --stability=dev

You probably typed:
Code:
composer create-project root/pandaac . --stability=dev

When I do:

Code:
php artisan migrate --package=pandaac/avesta

I get:

Code:
[PDOException] could not find driver

I'm trying to do this under Windows, not Linux, and certainly I'm not really a PHP master or anything related to Apache, any suggestions ? :p

As taken from Stackoverflow:

Be sure to configure the 'default' key in app/config/database.php

For postgres, this would be 'default' => 'postgres',

Follow what he said here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...exception-could-not-find-driver-in-postgresql

Hi,

I have an issue with the Captcha service. Upon registering it throws an exception: Method [validateCaptcha] does not exist.
Any clues ?

Sent inbox let me know if you can skype.

Hi,

I have an issue with the Captcha service. Upon registering it throws an exception: Method [validateCaptcha] does not exist.
Any clues ?
The package I used for the Captcha library was never in any stable release when I first picked it up, and so I had to use their dev branch, which is never the most recommended thing to do, but as pandaac is in development itself, I saw little harm in it. I have commited a change which now reference their stable version, and not their dev version.

If you run composer update --prefer-dist, it should switch out your version for the new version, please let me know if this fixed your issue or not.

Code:
Could not find package root/pandaac with stability dev.

:'(
As Vanderlay mentioned a bit further up, it looks like you tried to install 'root/pandaac' rather than 'pandaac/pandaac'.

The package I used for the Captcha library was never in any stable release when I first picked it up, and so I had to use their dev branch, which is never the most recommended thing to do, but as pandaac is in development itself, I saw little harm in it. I have commited a change which now reference their stable version, and not their dev version.

If you run composer update --prefer-dist, it should switch out your version for the new version, please let me know if this fixed your issue or not.

Confirmed fixed. Thanks :)

Yeah that fixed my problem it installed fine however trying to isntall the theme was another story. also dont know how to get it to work (be able to see the website) The struggles are real..

You need to set your document root to the ./public/ folder, rather than the root folder itself. This is because of security reasons. And unless you've manually made changes to the ./composer.json file, the theme should of have been downloaded along with the AAC. You must however publish the assets from the theme folder, to the ./public/ folder, and to do so, run the following command -
Code:
php artisan asset:publish pandaac/theme-retro
(this needs to be run from the root folder of the project).

Couple of issues...

Heres my Create Character Array
Code:
'vocations' => array( 1,2,3,4),
When I choose knight it says "invalid vocation" But it is the same as all other vocations...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fixed vocation issue by changing Knight id to 10.

Send issue is when someone buys something through shop.. Instead of adding the item to there depot. it adds another whole depot..

Last edited:
Bump.

Any help with my shop problem?

Since Cornex posted this thread, I have been getting a few private messages about bugs, requests and what have you. I'd love to work on this project every day, but the reality is that I work as a web developer full time and more often than I probably want to admit, I honestly have no time or desire to write code on the side. It comes in patches, really. Sometimes that's all I'll do on my free time, and sometimes I can barely stand looking at code.

That was one of the reasons I did not want to publically release the AAC myself, as it is in a development stage and no stable version has been set. I knew once things go public officially, I'll have a lot of requests to deal with, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm always happy to help, but some of the requests/bugs may be caused by the simple fact that the AAC doesn't have a stable version. Another reason was that I am already working on an updated version of pandaac, which, instead of using Laravel 4.2 (as the public version does today), it'll be using Laravel 5. Laravel is a framework that aim towards pushing the limits of PHP (to some extent), and not so much about backwards compability. The structure, and the way things are coded in Laravel 5 are sometimes very similar to that of 4.2, but also a lot different. For this reason, I saw no benefit of just migrating the current version of pandaac to Laravel 5, but instead I decided to completely rewrite it. Another benefit to rewriting it from scratch, is that I can learn from the mistakes I did with the current version of pandaac, and as of the new version, things will be a lot more flexible than they already are.

As a result of this, I've decided to promote @Cornex as the lead developer of the currently released version of pandaac, who is far more active than I am in the OT community. He has been by my side, following the progress of pandaac ever since I started it and has grown to learn Laravel quite well in this time. This allows me to, whenever I do have some spare time, work on the new updated version of pandaac. I have no idea when it'll be ready for public release yet, but I assure you, it will be better by the tenfolds.

The currently released version of pandaac has the codename of bamboo. The new version, although the codename hasn't been decided yet, will be different to avoid confusion.

Also, I strongly recommend that you create an issue over at the github repository for whatever issues and/or feature requests you may have. Those will have priority over issues posted in this thread.

Thank you!

Hello, first I wanna say that pandaac is created by @Chris using Laravel.
This version using Laravel 4.2 and @Chris will make the thread once hes done with Laravel 5.0 version.

As well a smaller documentation page will be done by Chris once he plan to release the 5.0 version.
For now, you can read the Laravel docs.

So, there is no need for me to write the installation here since Chris already detailed in the Github page.

To see pandaac live you can enter http://faloria.eu/

So, to use this wonderful AAC just enter his github page: https://github.com/pandaac/pandaac and follow the instructions.

Thanks again @Chris for this masterpieace.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

forgive my ignorance, but where or how this command is executed, such as written here:

Installation
Initially, we want to find/create a folder for our project to sit in (e.g. cd path/to/folder, from here on forth, we will refer to your root folder as pandaac/). Once we're happy with a folder, we execute the following command to install pandaac along with all of its dependencies. Give it a couple of minutes.

composer create-project pandaac/pandaac . --stability=dev
Once installed, we want to publish the pandaac specified configuration files, as modifying any file within the vendor/ directory should be avoided at all costs. Any composer update will erase your custom modifications within the aforementioned directory. To publish the configuration files, we turn to Artisan to do its magic.

the truth, I've seen the site and this very well.
Greetings and thanks for reading

You need to install composer first, and then you'd execute the command through your command prompt/terminal.

Got same problem

[InvalidArgumentException]
Could not find package pandaac with stability dev.

root@Debian-78-wheezy-64-minimal /var/www # composer create-project pandaac/pandaac . --stability=dev
Installing pandaac/pandaac (dev-master ee5d5ed11e9b6804111179b4c4392a71989297c7)

[InvalidArgumentException]
Project directory ./ is not empty.

create-project [-s|--stability="..."] [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--repository-url="..."] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--no-plugins] [--no-custom-installers] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [--keep-vcs] [--no-install] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [package] [directory] [version]

Back