• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Paperdoll System

kimet

Solutions
Reaction score
I want to know how much would cost a system like this :

You equip the gear and it change your outfit like an "addon" that works for any gender and works in mount if possible.

The most expensive thing in this job are the massive amount of money you need to spend on sprites.

The most expensive thing in this job are the massive amount of money you need to spend on sprites.
No man, it was made to be "addons", you dont need to make massive sprites, there is only 1 normal sprite(player sprite) and items sprites, nothing else.

No man, it was made to be "addons", you dont need to make massive sprites, there is only 1 normal sprite(player sprite) and items sprites, nothing else.
Yeah, and that still means you would have to sprite every item in the game for every direction to fit the player.
Then mounted version of items would require separate sprites, i guess. Since riding pose is a bit different.
Sounds massive to me.

But yeah, the actual script to swap the player looktype would take less then 5 minutes to create.
As everyone else has stated, the majority of the work would be in the sprites.
So, find out how much a sprite costs for 4 directions + movements, then multiply that by the amount of items/item combinations?

No that can't be right. That'd be way to much work.
If all the models have the same 'body'.. I'm sure a client edit could force the item sprite to be superimposed onto the original sprite bodies, no?
That'd make it quite a bit less work.

Script would still take less then 5 minutes though.

Yeah, and that still means you would have to sprite every item in the game for every direction to fit the player.
Then mounted version of items would require separate sprites, i guess. Since riding pose is a bit different.
Sounds massive to me.
If i wanted to bring this system to real tibia, yes, there is a lot of items in real tibia and it would take ages to draw every single item(for me, but cipsoft has a lot of employees, wouldnt take a single month for them i think), i want something new, real tibia is lacking of creativity, we can make it better, this is what made ot server what it is nowadays.

No that can't be right. That'd be way to much work.
If all the models have the same 'body'.. I'm sure a client edit could force the item sprite to be superimposed onto the original sprite bodies, no?
That'd make it quite a bit less work.
You got it!!! Its what the creator of this system did!
It would require 1 standard player outfit + 1 item "outfit" to fit the standard outfit and 1 mount item "outfit" to fit the player outfit.
Whatever i make player/item or mount outfit it would take me only 1 outfit instead of hundreds outfits for every new outfit, making a dirty script with my knowledge i would need to draw 9x9 normal outfits + 9x9 mount outfits if i needed to make 2 sets for example i would need to draw 162 outfits and its insane(massive) and who wouldnt rather draw 9+9(item) + 9+9(item mount) outfits instead 162?

One is Arithmetic progression and the other is Geometric progression...

I personal don't have this knowledge, i have no clue how to make it.

Back