• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Paying Someone To Help Set-Up Windows Server 2008

dream girl

‮nimdA nA toN
Reaction score
As the title clearly says, I am looking for someone to help me with PROPERLY setting up Windows Server 2008 R2.

PAYMENT:
Payment is by PayPal (or another trustworthy source) for assistance and the price is very negotiable as long as you have a decent reputation and are willing to dedicate at minimum a couple hours (assuming I'm as clueless as I think I am). Any negotiations on price and amount of time are firm. If I need less time you still get paid the full negotiated amount. After you have completed your job I will file a dispute and then immediately close it, which in effect makes it impossible for me to get back any money given to you. Peace of mind for you and happy sleeping for me knowing that I can FINALLY be done trying to set up this server.

DETAILS:
It is currently being run in VMware Player, so I may also need some help on how to move things between local and the virtual machine. Generally speaking I'm just trying to set up proper security to host and run an OT adequately. I'm not entirely familiar with Windows since I'm more accustomed to mainframe/midrange so you'll probably have to dumb down some things since Windows terminology is ass-backwards from most other OS I've worked with.

I have an 8.1 server that can be easily run on the VM but I'd like to also attempt (at least) to set up a MySQL (or equivalent) server on the Windows Server for an 8.6 I downloaded ages ago. I pretty much just want to get a working set up so that I can get more familiar with how Windows Servers works. I don't need a complete tutorial on everything, just so long as I can get a solid footing. Afterwards I will be able to tinker/mess around more comfortably and your job will be considered done.

SIDE NOTE/EXTRA STIPULATION:
You must also be willing to have Skype on AT LEAST 30min-1hr a day between 5pm and 10pm eastern standard time for 3 out of 7 days after the initial assistance (unless I say it is unnecessary). This stipulation is NOT negotiable unless you are willing to agree to answer a long list of questions in an email in FULL DETAIL. The only reason I even add this is because someone helped me in the past and then disappeared after I realised they half-assed their job and didn't even properly fix the problem (only delayed it reoccurring).

You have a few choices for contacting me:
1. Reply on this thread (ideal if you are serious and want to ensure others know the job may be fulfilled already),
2. Message me in a private message (ideal if you want more details or just don't want to put your name out in the public), or
3. Add me on Skype at likeyounotme (ideal if you want to contact me instantly, but be warned that I may not always have it up or be at my computer to reply).

Any of the above methods will get to me and I will reply within 6-12 hours depending on the time of day it is. Feel free to ask any and all questions you wish/need before you agree to provide any assistance.

windows server is extremely similar to regular windows 7/xp

do you need help downloading the OS for the vm, or is it already installed?

windows server is extremely similar to regular windows 7/xp

do you need help downloading the OS for the vm, or is it already installed?
That is nice and all but other than to play games comfortably on my computer I don't use Windows for anything. I typically just use an old IBM server to do everything else at home so Windows GUI is alien to me and it has been ages since I last worked with NT.

I do have a Window Server 2008 instance installed on my VM, I just am not sure what I'm doing when I looked around it. Someone told me that what I'm asking for is stupidly simple but I'd love to learn a little while I'm doing it instead of "Change this and that and you're done." If I'm going to be using Windows Server 2008 R2 for hosting purposes I'd better understand it and set up everything correctly.

Back