• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

payment systems

Gubailovo

Solutions
Reaction score
due to the current situation in the world, most countries are putting forward sanctions against Russia. It does not affect Russian citizens, and if it affects them minimally. But payments between countries are limited or minimized. I used to use paypal.What can you advise me in this situation? what are the alternatives to money transfers from Russia?

I'd say Bitcoin, Binance, etc ... PayPal personally is very unsafe, should only take payments from people you trust

I'd say Bitcoin, Binance, etc ... PayPal personally is very unsafe, should only take payments from people you trust

Why would all major companies use paypal, if it's very unsafe?

I wonder if other countries use such a payment system as kiwi valiyet (I understand that this is very old, but still)

So in fact you want to evade sanctions because they do totally not affect you? Kind of a weird statement if you ask me.
Just don't make business with other countries in this case and it is all good. I am sure there is an alternative that russian customers can use.
To be honest, starting a thread with that hilarious comment is odd.
Why would you ever have an interest in sharing thoughts where you basically contradict yourself in just two sentences?

Just ask for alternatives for russians instead of bringing up politics and you will be fine, this is only a heads up.
So lets be nice, I will dump down some thoughts but I did not verify if they are available for you.

I do not know enough of the situation, so what companies have cut the support. But the easiest alternatives were SMS shops or paysafe cards.
As mentioned by Ezzz you can always go for crypto, but that really depends on your customers. Not everyone is really interested in doing that.
Also not sure if credit card payments work internationally at the moment but that is always a good one. Also means people are paying under there real name for sure.
I have also heard of "Skrill" but no clue if it's a good alternative as I have never done any business over the platform.

Why would all major companies use paypal, if it's very unsafe?

I guess it is not about the payment service in general. But many people do recharges.
And if you can not really bring up serious evidence and the will to fight back each single recharge, many people will continue to not pay for services.
You can not really do much if you don't have a company behind you. It simply takes to much time to handle everything by yourself.

Back