• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Paypal is finally in egypt!

Fady

Anderion.net
Reaction score
I've been waiting this for years, I couldn't buy anything on ebay because of this, finally its in egypt!
Any egyptian now can create an account, Just wanted to announce this so egyptians could create an account :p

Edit: How can I verify my paypal account?

Last edited:
it's useless for OTS payments you can't recieve money just pay with it :S

I've been waiting this for years, I couldn't buy anything on ebay because of this, finally its in egypt!
Any egyptian now can create an account, Just wanted to announce this so egyptians could create an account :p

you can verify with credit card only
when you add your credit card they will charge 1.50Eur and code will appear on ur payments (should ask ur bank to give you that code)
when i try it, bank gave me wrong code and paypal blocked my credit card when i contact paypal support (2 days and no answer) :D

have fun with paypal

you can verify with credit card only
when you add your credit card they will charge 1.50Eur and code will appear on ur payments (should ask ur bank to give you that code)
when i try it, bank gave me wrong code and paypal blocked my credit card when i contact paypal support (2 days and no answer) :D

have fun with paypal

It was just launched in egypt 2 days ago, I'm pretty sure everything will be fine in 2 weeks or something

Well they used to put two small deposits into your account and you had to wait for your statement to confirm it. Either verify you bank via the updated version or use a debit/credit card

It was just launched in egypt 2 days ago, I'm pretty sure everything will be fine in 2 weeks or something

Hope so :D

- - - Updated - - -

Well they used to put two small deposits into your account and you had to wait for your statement to confirm it. Either verify you bank via the updated version or use a debit/credit card

we can't add bank account ( only Creditcard ) and they send wrong code ( iam not sure maybe only me who got that wrong code )

You will be charged like $1.50, then in the payment list on your CC or debit card, will have payment to paypal and then PP*Numbers*

You insert the numbers and your account is verified, congratulations!

You will be charged like $1.50, then in the payment list on your CC or debit card, will have payment to paypal and then PP*Numbers*

You insert the numbers and your account is verified, congratulations!

Debit cards are for adults here, sadly..
I'll have to wait 3 years to buy stuff on ebay :(

Sorry to disappoint you guys, Paypal in egypt can only send payment, cannot receive/withdraw. The reason is that banks aren't secured enough in egypt so paypal won't allow receiving/withdrawing until someone guarantee that they won't lose money ;/

credit cards are 18 but debit arent.. Debit cards are just cards that access your actual balance and therefore cant be mistreated per say and are trusted to under 18. Credit cards "borrow a balance" that you pay back later.. hence how you can go over drawn.. This creates a debt and therefore due to contract law 18 is required in most scenarios..

To get a debit card walk into your bank and ask "may i pretty please with a cherry on top have a debit card kind sir/madam?" and voila ;d

And either way, you can purchase on ebay now and have it sent to your egypt address :) so atleast it is something :)

credit cards are 18 but debit arent.. Debit cards are just cards that access your actual balance and therefore cant be mistreated per say and are trusted to under 18. Credit cards "borrow a balance" that you pay back later.. hence how you can go over drawn.. This creates a debt and therefore due to contract law 18 is required in most scenarios..

To get a debit card walk into your bank and ask "may i pretty please with a cherry on top have a debit card kind sir/madam?" and voila ;d

And either way, you can purchase on ebay now and have it sent to your egypt address :) so atleast it is something :)

I'll go to a bank and create an account, never thought about creating an account at that age because I'm too lazy to go to a bank just to withdraw 100-200 usd, now I have a reason to go(ebay). Not sure if its possible to create an account without my parents' permission tho

I'll go to a bank and create an account, never thought about creating an account at that age because I'm too lazy to go to a bank just to withdraw 100-200 usd, now I have a reason to go(ebay). Not sure if its possible to create an account without my parents' permission tho

are you 16? afaik at 16 you dont need it - but you do however, need id such as passport or a letter proving your name and address. Photo id is almost a must but afaik you have a CBT licence? for your bike or w,e the egyptian equivalent is. If you don't birth certificate n stuff like that.

Besides, i'm sure your parents wouldn't mind signing some paperwork for you to have a little independence.

Obviously i do not know what egypt is like but most banks are generic in their processes.

are you 16? afaik at 16 you dont need it - but you do however, need id such as passport or a letter proving your name and address. Photo id is almost a must but afaik you have a CBT licence? for your bike or w,e the egyptian equivalent is. If you don't birth certificate n stuff like that.

Besides, i'm sure your parents wouldn't mind signing some paperwork for you to have a little independence.

Obviously i do not know what egypt is like but most banks are generic in their processes.

I'm 15, I still haven't bought the bike(will do in june), to prove my address and my name I have to be atleast 16.
And for the bike, license is 16+ so I'll ride 6 months without license. Its egypt, everything is possible :p

Back