• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Paypal reclaims Joke

bury

Solutions
Reaction score
A guy in my server donated me 9€ last week. First day he was botting with auto-ue and obiosuly the others players in the server made him RS and stole all their donate items. He spoke with a tutor and the tutor with me explaning me everything. As I'm STUPID, I refund him the points of the items he had lost.

Second day, he emails me saying "what a shit of ot your forever aol doesnt protect a shit I've lost all my donate items". I dont even have forever aol in my server, he purchased another amulet or something I dont even know, but he insults me more than five times in the emails.

This week he has started a reclaim to paypal of two donations of 3€/each (6€ in total what i dont mind but lol), and he says in the description "I have not received my points in the server". When I saw that, I thought that he was dumb because I proof with a image the transaction where you can see he received 32 premium points for 3€. I also gave a long description in paypal and then paypal says it would be solved at 8 March.

My surprise is when I check my mail back and the minute after I answered their reclaims, they have solved (automatically I guess? LOL) returning him their 6€ and they dont have even read my comment WTF.

So he joins a server, gets donation items for free, calls me liar, insults me and my server, and they return him the money? WHAT THE FUCK PAYPAL?

When disputing with Paypal you should actually direct them to the web and terms showing how you are getting DONATIONS that doesn't necessarily entitle players to get points/items, those are a gift from you.

You could force players to sign and agreement when confirming transaction that upon no circunstante they'll want to refund the donation made.

Those things help with disputes.

Edit. Paypal doesn't automatically close disputes unless you miss the deadline. They give you time to defend yourself (7 days) and try to reach an agreement else the case will escalate and get reviewed by their support.

Last I checked paypal does not offer buyer protection for virtual items anyway. Years ago when this sort of thing was happening to me, I had many disputes closed in my favour without further question after I called paypal and explained that they were virtual items.
If the paypal customer takes it up with his credit card company - and the credit card company creates a chargeback with paypal, it is pretty much game over.

Last I checked paypal does not offer buyer protection for virtual items anyway.
You are almost right. PayPal does not offer seller's protection for virtual item. Buyer's typically use the "unauthorized transaction" claim when they open the claim and it's hard to defend because basically they are saying someone guessed their password and PayPal always rules in their favor.

If they a claim for the other reason - item not received - is easier to defend if you are taking "donations". If you are offering a service, that is also hard to defend. In general, PayPal always favors buyers.

Any claims on paypal should just be accepted and any money should be refunded. Instead of trying to fight the battle in paypal, create a system that allows you to remove traces of a donation in-game after a refund.

Basically paypal don't care about you, they do care about your customers. You are to insignificant for them to bother dealing with, so your customer more or less auto-wins the fight, and any resistance you do will be at the risk of your business. (Paypal may decide to terminate or lock your account, etc). So as far as paypal's eyes goes, comment on the dispute why this is bullshit and that he is a scammer, provide proofs, then accept the claim and do a full refund.

Do a refund on paypal, sending all money back to buyer.
Remove the items associated to that transaction, ban the account.
Blacklist the paypal account from buying from you again.
Don't allow paypal donations from accounts that arent verified.

And your done. No gain, but no loss. One less scammer to deal with.

Last edited:
What since when owner have to give items back if he lost it with rs.

paypal is a sht, there are two types of people for them: buyer(godly random person) and seller(piece of sht)

paypal is good but you need to save all the information you can, we save almost all information we can get from our clients and that way we can easily win those money claims.

Thanks you. Your advices are really useful. About that paypal gives 7 days for defense etc, I can attach images about the contrary if you want or translate my emails (since they are in spanish).

I can assure you this has happen to me with this guy:

1) Player claims his money lot of times, since they were 3 donations of 3€ each I think. He only claims 2 of 3 3x2 = 6€. He says "The article is different from the received". And in notes he added this "did not receive the points on my game"

2) I answered all the claims saying this:

"Hello. I will attach an image of the character of this player/person in my game/website: oraclum.net. In the set/equipment gifs items below, you can see 5 donation items purchased by him on the shop (helmet, armor, book, ring and boots). . I also can proof the database movements that he received 32 premium points for each 3€ donation. I have also the emails talking with him where he gets angry because he purchased a wrong item and says it's server fault. More than 100 people have donated in the last years to my server and everybody receives the points (it works with an automatic script). It's actually the first claim I have since I own this server, so he is lying saying "he didnt receive the points". They are 6€, I dont mind if I lose them, but I wont let him lie saying he didnt receive the points. What's more, I gave him more points ingame once he donated. If you want more proofs, please ask me for them. I always save all the transactions numbers etc. "

I also wrote it in spanish and I attached a picture of my website where he wears the donate items in the set (the first thing that crossed my mind...).

3)

00.45 I receive an email saying that thanks for updating the case etc etc paypal is going to check it bla bla...
00.45 Resolution of the case xxxxxxxx: (Translated from Spanish): "We have concluded our review and have decided in favor of the buyer. Due to the exceptional circumstances of this case, PayPal will reimburse the buyer at no cost to you. No charge will be made to your account."

So, believe me guys, it was an automatic script what it solved the case and decided to refund the money to the buyer. Hopefully is the first time this happens to me, because it's frustrating and also it was not much money... but... :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Now, he's asking a refund for the third donation (maybe he could only ask for two the first time he did it, idk). What should I do? Just refund him? Paypal is going to auto-refund him again so....

Mmmm lol? I think I lost that 9€ >.<

Let me check lol

Mmm it seems we both have our money back so paypal has lost it, wtf? They are 9€ in total I didn't care much about it, I would like him to lose them, that would be fair... Maybe this has happened because is the first claim I've ever had?

I've answered now for the third claim, let's see what happens...

Last edited:
Mmm it seems we both have our money back so paypal has lost it, wtf? They are 9€ in total I didn't care much about it, I would like him to lose them, that would be fair... Maybe this has happened because is the first claim I've ever had?

The answer is literally there in your own post;

"We have concluded our review and have decided in favor of the buyer. Due to the exceptional circumstances of this case, PayPal will reimburse the buyer at no cost to you. No charge will be made to your account."

Paypal will give money back to the player, but they will not charge you for this return. Which means you get to keep the money, the player will get his money, and paypal will be out 9 euros or whatever.

This is customer service. The player is happy, you are happy, everybody's happy. What more do you want?

The answer is literally there in your own post;

Paypal will give money back to the player, but they will not charge you for this return. Which means you get to keep the money, the player will get his money, and paypal will be out 9 euros or whatever.

This is customer service. The player is happy, you are happy, everybody's happy. What more do you want?

Yeah, I missunderstood it. Anyway is not much money and i'm not happy that he has lied and got what he wanted. Paypal lost money because of a lier but the "event/cause" is my server. He mustn't have his money back.

If you're on the newest versions, use blocked coins like cipsoft and a store item block, with that you will be sure that the items/goods will be locked forever in a case of a chargeback.

If you're on the newest versions, use blocked coins like cipsoft and a store item block, with that you will be sure that the items/goods will be locked forever in a case of a chargeback.

Honestly it's just better to track the chargeback to the account, and then ban the account pending review, since chargeback is pretty much the nuclear option that you shouldn't use unless you've exhausted any means of trying to rectify the situation with the vendor. A chargeback can and most likely will harm you economically, and such cancer needs to be cut away asap before it collapses your business.

Which is exactly why Steam, Battle.net, Epic, Amazon, Google and pretty much every service provider on the planet will ban your account immediately if you do a chargeback.

Back