• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Paypal refunds

freaked1

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, have paypal changed their refund policies and made it harder for people to make a refund?

You need to store all payment related information such as payment id. creation date. payer related data (id. payment method...)

Thats what paypal asked me several times and I won all the cases

If you use IPN you dont have access to this information (afaik). You need to some of their API services. I use REST API and its going good.

Hope this helps you

I find it terrible that so many people refund so often.

Half the time they don't even have a good reason.

I know some people that will buy a single-player game, beat it, then return it.
Or they will donate to a Tibia Server, play it until they are bored, then refund their donations.
Or someone will have a bad attitude, and they will refund just to spite the person.

I have seen all of these examples multiple times here on Otland, and I generally stay out of it, but it really is a Cancer in our community.

I find it terrible that so many people refund so often.

Half the time they don't even have a good reason.

I know some people that will buy a single-player game, beat it, then return it.
Or they will donate to a Tibia Server, play it until they are bored, then refund their donations.
Or someone will have a bad attitude, and they will refund just to spite the person.

I have seen all of these examples multiple times here on Otland, and I generally stay out of it, but it really is a Cancer in our community.
ye it's across all gamers not just OT players. I know some who do the beat a game then demand a refund thing as well. The issue comes down to credit card companies or paypal wanting to make their customers happy. The credit card company doesn't care if you (the seller) gets your money or not, you're not their customer.

Their are sad people in this world, but they have to live with themselves.

But if I use the method above would that not solve it? Or do I need to do something more like have it clearly say "Donation" or does it matter?

Back