• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Phobosonline

manisk

Reaction score
Hello, i'd like to plug a game which i've been interested and been playing in for a long time. The game is in it's beta state but very well done and contains really no bugs to speak of.

The development has been very slow the past year due to what i believe is the lack of interest in the development crew caused by the non existent pressure from the public, a game like this needs the extra push to get going

Therefore i am here to show you people this game in hopes of some of you finds a liking for it

Yes the development crew needs donations and a donation is indeed needed in order to be able to play the beta but the more people signing up the faster the progress will turn out

Ill get down to brass tax and post a trailer for the game in which current state it is in;

If this raises your interest here is a link to the donation page and information in how to start playing the game

http://forum.phobosonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=571

NOTE THAT I AM NOT A REPRESENTATIVE OF MYTH ENTERTAINMENT AND IN NO WAY GAIN ANY FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR THIS, I AM JUST A REGULAR PLAYER WHO WANTS TO SEE THE GAME TAKE OFF AND GET RELEASED FOR THE PUBLIC!

Looks exactly the same as Zezenia.

ok so its a tfs server... donations shouldn't be the prime motivation to build or complete a project, if they can't complete the project without monetary gain than it isn't worth "donating" to in the 1st place.

I'd be more inclined to donating to something which already exists like tfs, one of the many aac's, these people put effort into their projects and continue to update them without mandating or expecting payment for use as you see fit.

You people need to break away from this mindset that people owe you some form of payment because you put up a server, copied some scripts or edited some sprites.

ok so its a tfs server... donations shouldn't be the prime motivation to build or complete a project, if they can't complete the project without monetary gain than it isn't worth "donating" to in the 1st place.

I'd be more inclined to donating to something which already exists like tfs, one of the many aac's, these people put effort into their projects and continue to update them without mandating or expecting payment for use as you see fit.

You people need to break away from this mindset that people owe you some form of payment because you put up a server, copied some scripts or edited some sprites.
No, it's a unique engine, but surely is based on the OT code

They put a lot of effort into this, new graphics, engine, client... It worth donating if you really want to play.
Effort isn't the same thing as complete, people don't use, buy or fund products/projects which only half work (unless its windows :p)

Effort isn't the same thing as complete, people don't buy or fund products/projects which only half work (unless its windows :p)
Most of people don't, but some surely will.
Anyway that should be finished already, i remember playing it in 2009 and it's almost the same :(

I'm like 90% sure the developers abandoned the project. Last time I checked the forums there were no recent updates or post by any of of the developers.
I also think there were threads saying that the project is dead.. a few people donating won't change that.

I was able to play the server without donating (sent an alpha application). The game was pretty unique, but sadly I don't think there is any hope for it. :(

The game was (is) amazing nevertheless. It took them too many years, I remember being hyped with this like you said, 2009 or so..The progress was slow, really slow, but I think they are too late. A couple of years too late for it's release..

Oh right. This was a thing... in 2009, I think?

Marketing and growing interest is something THEY need to do. They can't expect people to donate either, it shouldn't be a motivation whether to continue or not.

But to be fair, it looks very cool, and I played the BETA a few years back and it was kind of fun. I wish them the best.

Back