• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PHP Extension APCU not working

Rallelele

Reaction score
Wherever I press on my servers website (ZnoteAAC), I keep getting this popup.

Where do I install this "APCU" extension?

If you're hosting on ubuntu you can do exactly as the screenshot tells you - execute sudo apt install php-apcu
If you're hosting on windows, you can find some instructions here (though you might need to adapt them to your file structure)

Note: you'll need to restart the apache service after installing apcu too. sudo service apache2 restart

If you're hosting on ubuntu you can do exactly as the screenshot tells you - execute sudo apt install php-apcu
If you're hosting on windows, you can find some instructions here (though you might need to adapt them to your file structure)

Note: you'll need to restart the apache service after installing apcu too. sudo service apache2 restart
Thanks! Yeah, I'm using UniServerZ, trying to figure out which file substitutes to which.

Not sure why php APCu is not a part of uniform server, it was before.
(so you could only edit php.ini file and uncomment a line to enable it, or just select it in the UI under PHP Accelerators).
Perhaps because they ship PHP 8.0 now, and in the early days of 8.0 it wasn't supported. (I think it is now).

So I have no idea how to do it in Windows, you can google around, perhaps see UniServZ forum, they have a support board there. And probably some tutorials on how to manually install php extensions.

In Linux, its just one install command, and a restart command if it doesn't do that automatically and your good to go. x)

Not sure why php APCu is not a part of uniform server, it was before.
(so you could only edit php.ini file and uncomment a line to enable it, or just select it in the UI under PHP Accelerators).
Perhaps because they ship PHP 8.0 now, and in the early days of 8.0 it wasn't supported. (I think it is now).

So I have no idea how to do it in Windows, you can google around, perhaps see UniServZ forum, they have a support board there. And probably some tutorials on how to manually install php extensions.

In Linux, its just one install command, and a restart command if it doesn't do that automatically and your good to go. x)
Yeah, I looked around a bit but after a while I just went and changed to XAMPP instead, and now it's all working. Thanks tho!

I managed to get this working. I downloaded the newest uniform server. Used php version 8.1 instead of 8.2 due to not being able to find the apcu.dll for php 8.2 "PECL :: Package :: APCu 5.1.21 for Windows (http://pecl.php.net/package/APCu/5.1.21/windows)" downloaded the thread safe 64bit apcu.dll for my corresponding php version. Moved the apcu.dll into my extensions folder located in UniserverZ/core/php81/extensions. Because you can you have a choice of config file for php I'm using php_test.ini. Opend that up and added "extension=apcu" under one of the other extensions. Ran the php.exe no error came back launched apache open website. Message was gone.

Back