• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PHP/HTML tables alignment question

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi! I think this is a very simple thing, but I would like to learn a little with this. I wish to align my characterprofile table to the left, since it is cutting in the middle, I would like to cut exactly where the text categories ends (if the answer can contain more table examples for learning purpose would be great). The image will explain better what I need (using Znote AAC btw):

table_align.png

I don't know where to find characterProfileTable properties since it has none metions on .css files.

Here's my characterprofile.php:

Thanks in advance,
Regards!

Solution
B
The td's have a colspan, you could set the first td colspan to 1, and the following colspan of the data to 3 which will give it a 25/75% ratio.

You can also use table-layout:auto; which should fit to the content as you required.

This is why I have always hated HTML tables. Look into flexbox or even manual div manipulation, they are much better alternatives.
Inspect that cell through browser, check its CSS and then you'll find out :p
Thanks a lot for responding ^^
I have said in the post, searched on style.css that is the main .css file and have no clue which parameter is involved
Ralke said:
I don't know where to find characterProfileTable properties since it has none metions on .css files.
Well player tables is basically the same that the Death List table, but, the Death List behaves how I want, what i'm missing? (I think is a simple thing but I just don't see it)

inspect_1.png
inspect_2.png

Regards!

The td's have a colspan, you could set the first td colspan to 1, and the following colspan of the data to 3 which will give it a 25/75% ratio.

You can also use table-layout:auto; which should fit to the content as you required.

This is why I have always hated HTML tables. Look into flexbox or even manual div manipulation, they are much better alternatives.

Solution

Thanks! Worked perfectly. Not sure if the design looks really good but I learned ^^
characterprofile.png

I agree, bad tables can be a total mess o_O I will search for flexbox and div manipulation, thanks for the tip!

Back