• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[PHP] Layout from template

Wavoz

Oldschooler
Reaction score
How difficult would it be to make layout from template?
I'm using Gesior AAC 2012 and i don't like the idea of using layout that everyone else are using, i have found some really great templates over the internet. Downloadable templates have images, style.css and index.html but they don't have basic.css or layout.php. I can work around the layout and modify it to my own needs, but what do i need to do in order to "connect" the layout with AAC?

It's not too difficult. If you use MySQL with Apache & PHP5 you can probably knock out a reasonable looking site in 2-3 weeks. Basically you can create a PHP session to log people in, and you can probably use snippets from ZNote and other AAC systems to generate accounts, items, and other database orientated objects.

All in all, I'd say it'd take a person 2-3 weeks to make, and if you went to a firm to get it developed it'd cost maybe $1k~. Just a guess, I'm not up to speed on dev prices for PHP.

He wasn't asking how to make a new AAC, he just wants to change the layout afaik.
(I have 0 knowledge in website development, don't take any of my words seriously)

It's quite easy to make a template compatible with Gesior AAC.

Take the content from index.html and paste it into a new layout.php, make sure that the CSS paths are correct.
PHP:
<link href="<?PHP echo $layout_name; ?>/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

Most free templates got texts in their layouts to show how it looks et cetera, replace it with <?PHP echo $main_content ; ?>.

PHP:
<div class="post">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,</div>
PHP:
<div class="post"><?PHP echo $main_content; ?></div>

vKhfiP.png

If it doesn't work, please send me a private message and I'll help you out. ^_^

if you got any html/css experience this should be extremely easy and if u dont then just try to understand how it works abd try to fo it.

I think XtrmJosh missed the point here:$

Hope you get it sorted soon

- - - Updated - - -

I think XtrmJosh missed the point here:$

Hope you get it sorted soon

Back