• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

phpMyAdmin error #1142

winzer

Retired, on my way back. Hopefully...
Reaction score
Hello!

I'd love if someone could help me!

When Im setting up my MySQL database in phpMyAdmin, this error appears on the left side
#1142 - SELECT command denied to user ''@'localhost' for table 'pma_column_info'

Used google and tried a few things without change... Hope theres someone out there taht has my answer!

Edit: This is the whole error message:
SQL query: Edit

SELECT `db_name` , `comment`
FROM `phpmyadmin`.`pma_column_info`
WHERE `column_name` = '(db_comment)'

MySQL said:

#1142 - SELECT command denied to user ''@'localhost' for table 'pma_column_info'

Well, I get the error message over the most part of the screen now and keeps getting bigger everytime I reload the page. I'v tired to re-install the whole XAMPP without any change...

I have a similar problem, and I might be a bit to frustrated to solve this in an easy way by myself..
I got this error by executing DROP USER 'pma'@'localhost';

MySQL says: #1142 - SELECT command denied to user ''@'localhost' for table 'pma_recent'

Would love if someone could help me out to solve this, since I feel I'm running in a cirkle..

Last edited:
I have a similar problem, and I might be a bit to frustrated to solve this in an easy way by myself..

MySQL says: #1142 - SELECT command denied to user ''@'localhost' for table 'pma_recent'

Would love if someone could help me out to solve this, since I feel I'm running in a cirkle..
1. open phpmyadmin setting
2. go into navigation frame setting.
3. in navigation frame set the value of 'recently used tables'= 0.
Enjoy!!!

pma user should be, only change password for this, i dont recomend new xampp, if u want use 1.7.3 and when u configure it, chose option "set random pma password" its all,

but i prefer the uniform server. so much better than xampp, i can change all i want. i work on it few days but i see diffrence.

if i help rep++

Hey, guys 🙃

It seems that you either have dropped a PhpMyAdmin's user or messed up their access to that specific table ('pma_column_info').
I think the solution would be to first find out if you guys still have a "pma" user and then to check if the used user has access to 'pma_column_info'.

Last edited:
Back