• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Pixel Art Challenge 2 (Series #2) - A Game Board

Shadowsong

Game Developer & Graphic Designer
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
ShivaShadowsong
<-- Previous | CHALLENGE 2 | Next -->
The first challenge has been concluded and it's time for another one! Hopefully, this time there will be more entries. The topic is interesting.

If you go to the Hall of Winners, you can see all the details about previous winners, challenges and winning works. I will keep documenting the progress from this series in that same thread under the Series 2 header.

About the Challenge

TOPIC: A Game Board
INFO: You need to make a sprite representing a board of a chosen board game. Chess, monopoly, etc.
Since I realize some game boards need some room for details and whatnot, this time you will be given some extra space! Do not add people/characters next to the board, like they're playing it or something. Only make the board, and the game details/its figures (this is optional). Do not draw a table below the board.

Rules

Color count: Unrestricted
Size: 96 x 96
Animation allowed: No
Format: PNG
When you are done with your sprite, send it to my inbox with the following title and description:

Code:
Title: PAC #2 - My Entry

Text message:
Should contain a short description and your sprite (posted with the tag) for preview.

2. Do not show your sprite to anyone/anywhere before voting starts.
3. You must create this sprite from scratch, no edits to other people's sprites, copying other people's work, tracing or similar stuff.
4. You may post up to 3 "changes" to your submitted sprite in the same inbox message if you decide to change something in your sprite
before the voting starts.
5. Do not plead other people to vote for your sprite. Let the voting be totally unbiased and anonymous.
6. Do not vote for yourself during the voting poll.

Any rule violation will yield an immediate disqualification.

Deadline

Since this is the first challenge, I will give you 2 weeks to prepare your sprites. The challenge ends on the 7th of July (07/07/2016) and voting will begin then.

Scoring System

C6o5UfD.png
nBx2hmJ.png
yLDRPvQ.png
Sr5qfd9.png

The first place wins a Golden Medal (3 points).
The second place wins a Silver Medal (2 points).
The third place wins a Bronze Medal (1 points).
Winning 5 golden medals during the series will grant you a Crystal Medal (bonus 5 points).

You can check your stats and ranking in the Hall of Winners.

Last edited:
Back