• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

placing data packs in Distrubution folder

kelugar

Reaction score
I got the 9.6 the forgotten server v0.2.14 up and running and just want to have a different data pack with annother map and woundering how do you put that in your forgotten server folder and witch data pack would work? I wanted to try the [9.6] Ultimate Evolutions Map Remake but when switch data folders with that one it says missing everything and yes am a noob :/

Datapack is only the data folder of course. Obviously if you wan't that datapack work with a x server version, it needs to be the same version, because maybe you will have a lot of missing things like libs. You can update your libraries or sources, or just searching for a server version that works with the datapack, because there's a lot of server versions, with different functions, libraries, etc. That's why you will have a lot of lib bugs in your console.

Thank you. but I dont understand it is the same 9.6 and 9.6 but how do i find the same

- - - Updated - - -

I c'ant find the same as forgotten server

ok Thank you now how do I do this do I delete the data folder that was with the server and I replace it with this one sorry I am new :/

Well, what you're trying to do is replace a 0.2 data folder with a 0.3 data pack.
So, there will be lots of errors. It is not recommended to do this if you're not an experienced OT developer.

There's just a number of things that have to be changed/modified in the 0.3 data pack in order for it to work in 0.2.
And there are also a number of things that have to be removed in the 0.3 data pack because 0.2 just does not have the support for it yet.

It is best advised to download a TFS version that would support this data pack, like TFS 0.3.6 or higher (as the thread stated).
Or find another datapack that would support 0.2.

Last edited:
Thanks I tryed annother distribution pack with 0.3+ and it did not work :/ I know how to set up gm and all that and change items and monsters and edit map I did it before but I c'ant get a server working :/ debating to give up

Back