• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Plans for The Forgotten Server 0.4

Maybe making more configurable without source editing.
Like using variables for the account manager vocs(voc1 = "Sorcerer").

- Im thinking about the "lastip" column on SQL, it says a number like 248734892379432 and it is like 200.104.92.48, maybe make it 200.104.92.48.
- About the windows crash error, it should be disabled, or make a restarter that automatically accept it.
- About swimming system, not all tiles are working, in some case you walk over the sea like Jesus.
- Make relodeables items, stages, vocations, outfits.
- Function isVocation, add second promo (for epic):
function isKnight(cid)
if(isPlayer(cid) == FALSE) then
debugPrint("isKnight: Player not found.")
return false
end

return (isInArray({4,8,12}, getPlayerVocation(cid)) == TRUE)
* Custom, add commands for guilds, like !guild (show all members of guild online) - !guildcast (for Leader and vice leaders can broadcast all guild).
I have those commands and helps a lot.

Ability to reload world folder! (for ex. all players are set to spawn to temple, and got kicked, then map will be reloaded.) That would be cool!

Ability to reload world folder! (for ex. all players are set to spawn to temple, and got kicked, then map will be reloaded.) That would be cool!
I think this cool, but is possible? If all players is kicked, the server needs restart to load new map.

Would be cool, but would take ages... Would probably go faster with closing down and starting up again...

-
- Make relodeables items, stages, vocations, outfits.

Don't forget about reloading Quests (Log)

Why would you recode the account manager? As far as I know almost nobody uses it because a website looks by far more professional.

I like the fact that you are going to concentrate for on the performance.

Good luck,

Christian

Would be cool, but would take ages... Would probably go faster with closing down and starting up again...

If you're using the GUI one you can reload quest logs. Not sure what the command is for it, so might even exist in the other version.

Why would you recode the account manager? As far as I know almost nobody uses it because a website looks by far more professional.

I like the fact that you are going to concentrate for on the performance.

Good luck,

Christian

Haha, I use it :/~

@TODO list
I did not like the map clean to store the position of all trashed tiles.. how many memory resources it will cost? Well, you should add the option enabled/disabled and if its disabled and you want to use the map clean, it will check the entire map.

Ah, you should add configurable words for account manager, like:
Code:
<accountManager>
  <word say="hi" answer="Hello, here you can create an 'account' or 'recover' an account.">
    <word say="account" answer="Type the account number." type="account" minLenght="8" maxLenght="10" justNumbers="yes">
       <word type="minLenght" answer="Your account is too short."/>
       <word type="maxLenght" answer="Your account is too long."/>
       <word type="justNumbers" answer="Please, type just numbers."/>
       <word answer="Now type the password." type="password" minLenght="4" maxLenght="20">
          <word type="minLenght" answer="Your password is too short."/>
          <word type="maxLenght" answer="Your password is too long."/>
          <word answer="Account created, now logout." type="generate">
      </word>
    </word>
    <word say="recover" answer="...">
    </word>
    <word type="unknow" answer="I did not understand what you have said..."/>
  </word>
</accountManager>

I know this is ugly but it is just an idea.

I did not like the map clean to store the position of all trashed tiles.. how many memory resources it will cost? Well, you should add the option enabled/disabled and if its disabled and you want to use the map clean, it will check the entire map.

Another server intensive process is map clean, we will store the position of all trashed tiles and parse them instead of parsing the entire map. Yes, this will cost more memory resources but it will perform map cleans faster. Incase you don't use map clean it will be possible to disable this so the server doesn't store trashed tiles for no reason.

:thumbup:

How the quest log works? :S

@Nightmare
That's not what he said, if you disable the map clean ofc it won't store the trashed tiles, but in case you want to use the old clean you should be able to configure it to work the old way so it doesn't take that much memory even if it has to take longer to clean...

Items/Weapons reloading is gonna rock :p

--Kinight

The clean code has been optimized now.
> [NEW CLEAN CODE] Cleaning time: 0.002 seconds, collected 778 items.
> [OLD CLEAN CODE] Cleaning time: 0.807 seconds, collected 0 items.

Nice, nice. I'm missing the function to be able to check "whois" from the Player Manager list.

Do you think that would be hard to make?

Another server intensive process is map clean, we will store the position of all trashed tiles and parse them instead of parsing the entire map. Yes, this will cost more memory resources but it will perform map cleans faster. Incase you don't use map clean it will be possible to disable this so the server doesn't store trashed tiles for no reason.
Not to be negative, but you do know that this type of map clean has been in OTServ SVN for half a year? Why reinvent the wheel...?

Or am I misinterpreting what you're trying to do?

Make it possible to modify the sqlite database without downloading an external application. (Sqlite browser)

Could this be an idea?

Not to be negative, but you do know that this type of map clean has been in OTServ SVN for half a year? Why reinvent the wheel...?

Or am I misinterpreting what you're trying to do?

Now that you're posting about it I remember the refreshMap function, but it looks like your map clean code is incomplete. The tile flag TILESTATE_REFRESH isn't being set anywhere, or at least GNU grep couldn't find a line where it's being set.
Code:
mark@linux:~/projects/opentibia/otserv/trunk$ grep refreshMap *
game.cpp:void Game::refreshMap()
game.h: void refreshMap();
mark@linux:~/projects/opentibia/otserv/trunk$ grep TILESTATE_REFRESH *
map.cpp:        if(newtile->hasFlag(TILESTATE_REFRESH)){
tile.h: TILESTATE_REFRESH = 32,
mark@linux:~/projects/opentibia/otserv/trunk$
It also looks like there isn't any way for the end-user to use it since it isn't being called anywhere.

Now that you're posting about it I remember the refreshMap function, but it looks like your map clean code is incomplete. The tile flag TILESTATE_REFRESH isn't being set anywhere, or at least GNU grep couldn't find a line where it's being set.
Code:
mark@linux:~/projects/opentibia/otserv/trunk$ grep refreshMap *
game.cpp:void Game::refreshMap()
game.h: void refreshMap();
mark@linux:~/projects/opentibia/otserv/trunk$ grep TILESTATE_REFRESH *
map.cpp:        if(newtile->hasFlag(TILESTATE_REFRESH)){
tile.h: TILESTATE_REFRESH = 32,
mark@linux:~/projects/opentibia/otserv/trunk$
It also looks like there isn't any way for the end-user to use it since it isn't being called anywhere.

Because it is set from map editor _/
Updated roadmap, actually these are in 0.3 already...

Well, seems to be impossible but I'll state another request. Auto bot detection. Some people might say that botting on ots is normal, but it's just annoying. Anyway I'm interessted in your feedback. ^_^

Because it is set from map editor _/
Updated roadmap, actually these are in 0.3 already...

Even if it's set from the map editor, it doesn't look like the flag is being assigned to any tile in the server.

Back