• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Plans for The Forgotten Server 0.4

* As mentioned above, the graphical user interface will be rewritten using wxWidgets. It will also be possible to communicate with players through the GUI.
* The config file will be changed to XML, so it will be config.xml instead of config.lua. We will also write a configmanager application with wxWidgets which will make it easier to configure the file.
* Also customability for more item attributes (known from /attr command), so it will be possible to change almost all of them. We are considering new, custom storage for them.
* Ability to reload items, outfits and weapons.

Great
Can be

Hm, storage for item attributies? So if I set custom attack, name and description in game and then reset serv, start again and this item will have my custom attributies?! would be AWESOME!

Can't wait for official 0.3.6 and then 0.4 >.<' Aaaaaa!

this it no goin to by released it has been moved to the trunk area for only donators.

:( heya talan can you make function changeCreatureName(cid, name) so I can make kagebunshinnojutsu? :(

OH SO NICE TO READ THIS!

Performance is a big issue with 0.3.5 , it jerks my FPU And CPU of the wire.

something needs to be changed!

There should be a function that delete players that haven't login in a month, or something like that... Because if you have a big server, the database will be bigger, and with the saves, it is slow... So with this, the server should automatically delete players that haven't logged in for a month.

This would reduce the size of the database and making a faster server save.

@up: yeah, nicaw aac has that feature. I hope 0.4 brings that feature
I may be done in LUA but it's messy :S

@UP
2010, I read that in other post... I dk if its a real information, o just a fake.

Another server intensive process is map clean, we will store the position of all trashed tiles and parse them instead of parsing the entire map. Yes, this will cost more memory resources but it will perform map cleans faster. Incase you don't use map clean it will be possible to disable this so the server doesn't store trashed tiles for no reason.

Sounds great :p

Just a thought here, will all of you work together now?
And not as seperate as 0.3 & 0.2, that was like Elf's ot, and Talas ot...

0.4 would be together, if I'm not mistaken.

Good luck to you all aswell, and about the 2010 release.
I think that's true, 2-3 months away and we might be able to see 0.4 :p (hopefully)

There should be a function that delete players that haven't login in a month, or something like that... Because if you have a big server, the database will be bigger, and with the saves, it is slow... So with this, the server should automatically delete players that haven't logged in for a month.

This would reduce the size of the database and making a faster server save.

Adding this function and also, something that if the server is going to crash, to make an auto save after this crash, so players wouldnt be able to duplicate items...

How about an built in-restarter?

Exe, Can open other Exes i think. Make it open a new exe file that can check if the servers process being active for like a custom interval?
So why not make the Gui and Console verision do that.

Anyways. I dont know if this is supposed to be in the codes.
I've tested the "TargetTileCallback" function alot. But it can only stack 1 combat function. It seems to reserve it.
Isnt it possible to make it able take several combats?
Like connecting them with:
setCombatCallback(combat, CALLBACK_PARAM_TARGETTILE, "onTargetTile")

but with several other combats as well.

setCombatCallback(combat1, CALLBACK_PARAM_TARGETTILE, "onTargetTile")
setCombatCallback(combat2, CALLBACK_PARAM_TARGETTILE, "onTargetTile")
setCombatCallback(combat3, CALLBACK_PARAM_TARGETTILE, "onTargetTile")
setCombatCallback(combat4, CALLBACK_PARAM_TARGETTILE, "onTargetTile")

instead of:

setCombatCallback(combat1, CALLBACK_PARAM_TARGETTILE, "onTargetTile1")
setCombatCallback(combat2, CALLBACK_PARAM_TARGETTILE, "onTargetTile2")
setCombatCallback(combat3, CALLBACK_PARAM_TARGETTILE, "onTargetTile3")
setCombatCallback(combat4, CALLBACK_PARAM_TARGETTILE, "onTargetTile4")

Its not really a big deal. but its just that im expanding the spells liberary and i needed that to make it easier for people to connect things.

Last edited:
for you that dont donate

My kuzz says he will only giv doantors 0.4.. And never... to not donatores.

Only donators has it and have already got it.

Last edited:
@Up, i personally hate noobs, because they says what they don't know
0.4 are being development, as 02 and 0.3 already done ( only fixes now )
so, the donators have acess do priv SVN and they can download the source code
of 0.4, with it they can compile and test, but its not done, have much
work on it to be like Tala and Elf wants...

so, good job and we will enjoy the release in future' :D

Back