• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Player and creatures stoppin on each SQM

Unknown Soldier

Mapping a map
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

got this problem on TFS 1.2 on Windows 10. Im running it locally on my PC right now, but after a few month break I am having an issue regarding "bad performance".

The problem is, that the movement of player and monsters isn't fluent, it stops on almost every sqm for a very short amount of time, sometimes gets moved back, like it was a bad connection or weak hardware. Those however are not the issues - it happens on the same PC where server is running, and hardware is I7, 12GB ram, SSD and so on. The result of this, is that the gameplay is very slow and annoying. I tried disabling many creature events, global event and stuff, no effect at all. No idea what may be causing this problem.

You can see the issue on this short video.

Let me know if you need some technical details about my config and whatever you think might be necessary.

Do you have ani ideas what should i try?

Thanks in advance!

Well... decided to stay with 1.2 cause I already packed it with some stuff.
I'd rather find solution to this problem...

Last edited:
Thanks! Gonna check. I tried clean TFS 1.2 with my map, no scripts, still lagging. So it is very possible that the reason is the engine.

Amm, mby I think like I've been sleeping under ice for ages... It doesn't run, closes immediately after start, like it didn't have connection to DB. Can you guide me a little how can I replace my current engine TFS 1.2 10.98, with the one from above?

Thanks! Gonna check. I tried clean TFS 1.2 with my map, no scripts, still lagging. So it is very possible that the reason is the engine.

Amm, mby I think like I've been sleeping under ice for ages... It doesn't run, closes immediately after start, like it didn't have connection to DB. Can you guide me a little how can I replace my current engine TFS 1.2 10.98, with the one from above?
open it by using the windows commands prompt to see the error, but it is most likely you are missing the key.pem file, but once you fix it, more errors will appear fore sure 😁 my suggestion: download the whole datapack, put the executable and dlls, put your map on the world folder, edit the config.lua database details and map, and test it, if your problem is gone, just go adding everything else one-by-one and you will have your server updated to the latest engine version (the one you are using is from 2016, there has been already 486 commits to master since this release)

Thanks! I did manage to run it... :p But the problem is not gone.

I've noticed some errors in database after upgrading the server and using the same DB. Maybe it is expected to be like this, but maybe its worth to use clear DB just to check. Possible that the DB is causing such problems?

No idea what could be wrong. It intensifies when there are many monsters on screen, especially spell-throwing ones, doesnt happen with single monster, or just few. Looks totally like poor-hardware problem, but checked on 2 computers, both the same :eek:

No clue...

Possible that the DB is causing such problems?
not really, it seems like a weird problem that is happening to tfs for a long time already, but there is still no fix to it, you could try the following change in your creature.cpp file to see if it gets better:

Damn it :( have you noticed this problem elsewhere? I think I'm not gonna go into compiling, at least not now. Thank you anyway!

Seen some videos of servers, where everything is perfectly fluent even with full screen of monsters...

Thank you, I am not closing this thread now, maybe someone has encountered such problem

Damn it :( have you noticed this problem elsewhere? I think I'm not gonna go into compiling, at least not now. Thank you anyway!

Seen some videos of servers, where everything is perfectly fluent even with full screen of monsters...

Thank you, I am not closing this thread now, maybe someone has encountered such problem

Back