• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Player can't reach tiles beyond 8 (Solved)

sdnjaks

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Otland

Recently I followed Flatlander's tutorial on adding more tiles to the game window, but the player can't reach them. They can look, walk but can't "use".
Do you guys have any ideas of what caused it?

I'm using OTX3.
Thank you for your attention.

Attachments

I found two lines that control player range

actions.cpp
Code:
areInRange<7, 5>

game.cpp
Code:
areInRange<7, 5, 0>

possibly also pathfinding algorithm

TFS A* pathfinding runs out of nodes before it calculate path to that position. What can you do? Practically nothing, modifying algorithm can help but not in all cases and if you exaggerate with nodes it'll result in massive CPU overhead.

ps. the path can't be found even in some cases for normal viewport like upper right corner.

TFS A* pathfinding runs out of nodes before it calculate path to that position. What can you do? Practically nothing, modifying algorithm can help but not in all cases and if you exaggerate with nodes it'll result in massive CPU overhead.

ps. the path can't be found even in some cases for normal viewport like upper right corner.
if you move pathfinding and auto walking to the object to client side, it will decrease cpu load on the server itself

I found two lines that control player range

actions.cpp
Code:
areInRange<7, 5>

game.cpp
Code:
areInRange<7, 5, 0>

possibly also pathfinding algorithm
so, changing those values should result in something? or it requires some in-depth changes?

Back