• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Players can connect with global ip but I can't from a local machine

upking

Reaction score
So, I am having this issue, let me explain the scenario first:
I've got 2 PC's behind a router, one of them is hosting the server,all ports fowarded, config.lua 's ip is my external IP (other ppl can only connect to my server if I put my external IP there) everything is working fine, my friends can connect to the server with no problems using my external IP (provided by ISP).
But I can't connect to my own server from the other PC (the one that's not hosting), I've tried using my external ip and the local ip of the computer that's hosting, using the local ip it loads my characters page but doesn't load the character, it stays in the loading message forever and no messages are shown on the console.
The only way I managed to connect was to change the ip from the config.lua to the local ip of the machine, that way the other local machine can connect but ppl from internet can't
What should I do?
BTW, I found that I can log in with a proxy

Last edited:
Back