• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Playstation Network hacked

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
The network has been offline for 5 days now and it is unsure of when it will be back online.
Sony is working on rebuilding the servers to bring it back online.
The company says it is not yet certain if credit card or other personal information of users was taken during the intrusion.

PS: Another reason why not to buy PS3.

Maybe an action of Anon group after fucking up Geohotz ;)

We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

before sony vs geohotz court case was "settled"...
[video=youtube;IMhYrJEg1g4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMhYrJEg1g4[/video]

That's why I prefer to pay for my online gaming. It provides resources and incentive to have quality management.
Xbox all the way. Even if they made it $79.99 for twelve months membership, I would still buy it.

<There's no need for that, just making a point!> :thumbup:

so stupid title, couldnt describe it better
and of course written by x360 fanboi

so stupid title, couldnt describe it better
and of course written by x360 fanboi

Its not about being about an xboxfan, its about how crap Sony is.
Sony has been ripping off from everyone just to have a little attemp to win against their challengers

pic related:
comparen.png

Sony can never surpass Microsoft, never....
& im glad when Microsoft declined Sony to agreeding to release the Halo series, otherwise, Halo would be a crap.

Confirmed:
Sony admits utter PSN failure: your personal data has been stolen

so..if you had a credit card registered there, bb to ur money?

The Playstation blog announced today the real reason behind the recent PSN outage. Black hat crackers have gained access to the Sony internal systems, and stolen the personal information from all PSN users. The stolen information is the following:
name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained
Even worse, your Credit Card might be at risk​
While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.​
Thank you Sony… I have 2 different credit cards entered in your system, will you pay me back when my money gets stolen?
At least they are (finally) honest about what’s going on.
Unlike what some websites are saying, Anonymous declared they were not related to these attacks
The safe thing to do for now is to change your password on the websites you visit a lot (if, like some people, you have the same password everywhere), and check your bank regularly for suspicious activity.​
source: wololo.net and Sony admits utter PSN failure: your personal data has been stolen

VlC5cvmci5.png

everyone that says "Thats a reason why not to buy ps3"
Get the fuck out, this can happen to shit-box 360 anytime....

who gives a shit srsly. still ps3 is better. i had 2 xboxes and both got damaged and i dont wanna pay for 3rd one when it would work few months then go to bin. bought ps3 and it is working from the start and had no trouble thats why i prefer ps3

If Anonymous wanted to hack the XBOX network, they could also do that. It's mayby better protected than the one of Sony, but right now (ofcause it will get better) the ps3 gots way better graphics than a XBOX do. I would give an exemple: people asked to hack wickileaks and it happend really fast (aint sure how long it did take). I do prefere a ps3 above xbox, simply because I do not like Halo. I am still curious how improved the XBOX will be in the future, because I am sure it will get better than the ps3 ;).
Also it currently looks like the hackers, hacked the store, not to get credit card info from people (sony didn't had any complaints about stolen money recently), but they think the hackers took revanche of what sony did. They accuse a "hacker legend' (is what I heard).

Back