• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PlayStation3 Price Cuts Coming ?

GangsteR

RPG Maker
Reaction score
Our spider sense is tingling, that must mean its time for another rumor of a PS3 price cut. According to Janco analyst Mike Hickey, Sony may be on the verge of announcing a lower price point on their super console, potentially even in the next few days, but for sure "April or by June at the latest." The question now becomes whether or not Hickey's prediction gets added to the long list of expected price cuts by Sony that have never seen the light of day.

Hickey believes that Sony needs to take at least $100 off the price tag of the PS3, or suffer an extended decline in sales. There is additional speculation surrounding the chance that a Blu-rayless PS3 could be announced, but are there that many potential customers who already have a Blu-ray player that will buy a PS3 just for the chance to play its small catalog of killer software? Our money is that we'll never see a Blu-ray free PlayStation 3, but we agree wholeheartedly that the current price point needs to change to help drive sales, especially in the current economic climate.

Sony's unwillingness to budge on this matter is reaching legendary status, despite the fact that it's well documented that the PS3 has nowhere near the market domination that the PS2 enjoyed. And remember those reports we talked about that showed Sony losing an arm and a leg profit wise across the boards? You'd think that they'd be willing to take some desperate measures to boost sales.

Would a $100 price cut convert you into a PS3 owner? Would you be interested in a Blu-rayless PS3? Post your comments below.

Only reason i would buy PS3 is for blue ray.......

I use still my nintendo 64 XD

but no im happy with PS2 lol its cool tho.

i got chip in my PS2 console so i can play burned illegal games etc. x3

Ps3 is for moneywasters, I wouldn't dare of paying that for a video game console + the games which are quite expensive, 360 + flash = goodie.

yes there is
xbox 360
only downside is:

Xbox 360: Pay for xbox live, Blu-Rayless.

Playstation 3: Crap online play apparently?, goodside to ps3 is online play is free, blu-ray and good games ^.^

I've a ps3 since the beginning and I've nothing to complain about. The online play is good, to bad most of the people are noobs online.. Like you get first place with 30 kills. second place has 7 kills. Loal pwnd.

yes there is
xbox 360
only downside is:

Xbox 360: Pay for xbox live, Blu-Rayless.

Playstation 3: Crap online play apparently?, goodside to ps3 is online play is free, blu-ray and good games ^.^

Don't forget Xbox 360's amazing achievement system compared to ps3's.

Back